Skip to content

First time playing BG2.

I have completed BG1 twice now. I am ready to dive into BG2.

I am going to play a Blade but I have no idea what kind of spells I should pick or stats?
Also are they any good?

Is there anything that I should REALLY now about BG2?

If the game is as good as the first I will be happy.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Don't worry about foreknowledge with the game. I'd recommend avoiding the forums unless you get truely stuck. You only get one first playthrough. As far as spells for a Blade: Mirror Image, Ghost Armor, and Stoneskin are basically mandatory. Bards are great with spells that scale with level because they level so fast. And never be afraid to use the spins, they are the Blades bread and butter.
  • NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    As @ThacoBell said, I wouldn't worry too much getting huge amounts of advice unless you're stuck, but I can say that Blades are awesome. They're essentially single-classed fighter/mages with the level progression of a rouge. And they have, in my opinion, the best stronghold quest, being a bard kit ;)

I will give this advice however, as going in blind to this fact kinda spoiled my first attempt at a BG2 playthrough. The battles in BG2 are more tactical than the first game, and many of the enemies you encounter will have some combination of spell and combat protections. I would suggest having spells like Breach, Pierce Magic, and Lower Resistance memorized by your casters as soon as they're available, and if there are any fights that you're having trouble with, try pausing at the start of the fight and reading the spells the enemy opened the fight with. They'll usually be protection spells and that will help you plan your next move.

Happy Gaming!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    The best advice anyone can give is: have fun.