Skip to content

How to Install EasyTuTu

Gard_StureGard_Sture Member Posts: 14
edited March 2017 in General Modding
A Thorough Guide to Installing EasyTuTu on the Original Baldur's Gate

Now, let me clarify! I do NOT recommend insatlling and running EasyTuTu. These days we have not only the possibility to play with the better engine but also to play the whole saga in one with Baldur's Gate Trilogy, or we can play BG1 with even more engine improvements with Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, or even play the whole saga with even more engine improvements with EET.

Hello, and welcome fellow wanderers trough the realms. Hope this guide will be of any help to you!

EasyTuTu allows you to play the original BG using the BG2 engine, the BG2 engine is faster and with fewer bugs, and you get all the classes and kits that were not in the original BG. The BG2 engine is just a lot more refined.

Now, first and foremost you must own both the Original Baldur's Gate and the original Baldur's Gate 2. And I know that these are hard to come by these days, with them being taken down from gog.com and all. (I wouldn't approve, being a pirate is at your own risk).

And remember, EasyTuTu won't work on the Enhanced Edition!

- Step 1 -

When you got the games you will need EasyTuTu.
Link to Easy Tutu: http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/
You want to scroll down to where it says Download EasyTuTu and click on the second one if you have the Throne of Bhaal expansion on BG2, as you would if you don't have a really old boxed copy of BG2.

- Step 2 -

When that is downloaded you want to extract the file on to your desktop. This one:

Then open the EasyTuTuManager:

- Step 3 -

And when it starts it should auto detect your copies of BG1 and BG2. But you will need to make a folder for your TuTu installation:

Name your folder "Baldur's Gate EasyTuTu", and make it in your Gog games folder:

Then you're done! Just click "Go!" and EasyTuTu will do the rest! (This may take some time)
Now you've got your refined version BG1. Just start up "baldur.exe" from your EasyTuTu folder.

Until next time, Gard Sture.
Post edited by Gard_Sture on

Comments

• HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2017

And I know that these are hard to come by these days, with them being taken down from gog.com and all. (I wouldn't approve, being a pirate is at your own risk).

You actually get the originals free if you purchase the Enhanced Editions on GoG. And, if you purchased them previously you still have them of course.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Suggest using EET instead of EasyTutu, it works with the Enhanced Editions, or even BGT instead of Tutu if the original editions must be used.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    "TuTu has died! TuTu is dead! And it was us who killed it!" --BGT and BG:EE
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited March 2017
    Why did you post this? I have highest regards for Tutu and EasyTutu creators, it was the first possibility to play the BG1 part with the improvements of the BGII engine. BG1NPC Project was originally created for Tutu - because there was nothing else there. BGT was a newborn back then.
    But that was then. Now, we have not only the possibility to play with the better engine but also to play the whole saga in one go (BGT) or play BG1 with even more engine improvements (BG:EE) or play the whole saga with even more engine improvements (EET).

Why revive the dinosaur? Why on the BG:EE boards?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    I completely agree with Jastey. TuTu is a dead platform with no mods support, except few ones. Everyone who is looking to play old version of the games should use clean BGT or BWS for BGT + mods.
  • Gard_StureGard_Sture Member Posts: 14
    Hi, and thanks for the feed back.
    I definitely have made a mistake here, and the last thing that I want to do is to confuse any people! I will now edit my post and write that I do NOT recommend installing EasyTuTu.
    jastey said:

Why did you post this? I have highest regards for Tutu and EasyTutu creators, it was the first possibility to play the BG1 part with the improvements of the BGII engine. BG1NPC Project was originally created for Tutu - because there was nothing else there. BGT was a newborn back then.
    But that was then. Now, we have not only the possibility to play with the better engine but also to play the whole saga in one go (BGT) or play BG1 with even more engine improvements (BG:EE) or play the whole saga with even more engine improvements (EET).

Why revive the dinosaur? Why on the BG:EE boards?