Skip to content

NPC fails to appear, blocks quest

Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
edited March 2017 in Troubleshooting
I just entered the Temple District and witnessed the cultist from the Cult of the Unseeing Eye do his thing, but at the end the guy who's meant to appear and say "This must not come to pass" and ask me to meet him in the Temple doesn't appear. He's not in the Temple when I look for him, and his lack of appearance means the entire area is blocked off to me (including Kangaxx). I also played a bunch of other stuff before I realised the implications of his non-appearance, so going back is not an option unless I basically want to restart my game.

Is there a way to make him manually spawn so I can get the quest started?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited March 2017
    Try this command in the debug console:

C:CreateCreature("oisig")

No idea if it will work, maybe it didn't spawn because your save lacks some global variable I don't know about.

You can also try C:CreateCreature("bhoisig")

If you don't know how to activate the debug console, you must locate your baldur.lua file (it's located in Documents, if you're using Windows), and add this line "SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')", without quotation marks. Then you can activate the console in game by pressing CTRL+SPACE.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    With the console enabled, try this command
    C:CreateCreature("bhoisig")
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2017
    Thanks, C:CreateCreature("bhoisig") worked like a charm! :-D

Althooooough now he won't speak to me in the Temple. So close, but yet so far. Guess my game's bugged out badly.