Skip to content

Import save to BG2 EE by email?

Hey y'all, I just started Siege of Dragonspear on PC but I would like to continue in BG2 on an IPad, haven't purchased yet.
What's the best way to import? Could I just email myself a character file and open it on the Ipad?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Given how Apple usually handles such things, my guess would be that it's completely impossible to do anything with the files on your iPad in any way, be it removing, editing, or adding new ones through whatever method.

A workaround probably exists that requires a PhD in software engineering just to install the necessary tools.

Yeah, it's a bit of sarcasm but it's probably not far from the truth... I remember there used to be ways to edit things by "breaking into" the iPad, but iirc that door was closed by an update. It would probably be more realistic to give up.
  • EarlladEarllad Member Posts: 3
    LOL. Well i have read a bit about transfer from bg1 to bg2 on the apps themselves And I was able to get a BG1 char over to icewind dale via multiplayer cross play.
    I am hoping one or the other works
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2017
    I have always been able to save a character in BG1 then was given the option of exporting that character to another application, including BG2 or mail (a simple if unsexy way to get a character to my computer). As for exporting a whole game to move from one device to another, I haven't tried that, but knowing Apple, there is probably a way that is simple, works perfectly, and befuddles non-Apple users because it doesn't require command-line knowledge.

[EDIT: my typing this morning is abdominal, thanks a lit, autoconnect.]
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited March 2017
    I imagine that exporting FROM an iPad to the PC is probably not all that complicated, however importing TO the iPad from a PC likely requires a pact with three different demon lords.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Mail it. Open mail. Double-tap attachment. Select app.

So simple that an English teacher could do it.
  • EarlladEarllad Member Posts: 3
    tbone1 said:

Mail it. Open mail. Double-tap attachment. Select app.

So simple that an English teacher could do it.

That's what I'm hoping. I guess my real question is if anyone had tried it. If not, I'll report back here when I finish SOD and try to export.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Wouldn't work so easily on an IPad.
    You should try some software such as Ifunbox to deal with such issues.
    I've never used it myself but that's what I read around these boards