Skip to content

If you were going to dual class Safana to mage with intent on using her in SoD...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    SoD Safana isn't the same creature than BG1 Safana internally. So if you want to do that keep the INT tome on Charname during the transition so you can use it on her during SoD proper.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Kurona said:

SoD Safana isn't the same creature than BG1 Safana internally. So if you want to do that keep the INT tome on Charname during the transition so you can use it on her during SoD proper.

The way SoD handles your party members on transfer is really weird. I have just started it in the latest version and Safana was transferred exactly as she was (and I eekeepered her to multiclass F/T and redistributed her stat points slightly!). I think Safana should transfer with both the extra int point and the M/T dual class.

Viconia and Edwin were also transferred intact (XP, spells, items).

But Dorn was only ok in the family tomb interlude, but then was reset when I picked him up at Bridgefort (proficiencies, items, XP).

I would probably dual Safana when she has enough thief points to handle traps and locks (about 90-95%). That would probably be around level 5-6?
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    I would dual Safana the same way I used to dual Imoen - at level 6 Thief (20K XP), which allows her to get to level 9 Mage in BG1, while still under the BG1 XP cap of 161K, & hit max Mage level of 11 in SoD. This is enough Thief to max Find Traps & Open Locks.

If you want more Thief, you could theoretically go to level 9 in Thief (110K XP) before dualing & still reach level 11 Mage in SoD under the SoD XP cap of 500K. But this would mean that you wouldn't regain your Thief levels until halfway through SoD, which would seem to defeat the purpose of the exercise.

For reference, BG2 Imoen apparently took 7 levels of Thief, & was a level 8 Mage by the end of BG1. That is the most Thief you can take in BG1 & still regain your Thief levels before the end of BG1 after dualing to Mage.