Skip to content

BG2EE: Viconia Causes Game to Crash Upon loading OH4010 (Part of Rasaad's BG2 Quest)

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
edited March 2017 in Troubleshooting
Reddbane said:

(the scene in question is a area loaded after leaving the abandoned amphitheater, where Rasaad is confronted by some Sun Soul Monks.)
Granted my BG game is heavily modded, so one of my mods probably caused the original problem, but I know how to use Near Infinity if I can find the element that caused the original crash. I have the crash report, but I don't know how to open it, let alone read it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f914qr18r5xjqw/baldur_2117156_crash_2017_3_22T1_48_26C0.mdmp?dl=0
Does anyone have experience with the microsoft dump files for game crashes.
I know I could skip the scene with the correct global flags, but I would really just like to find out what is exact thing is causing the crash.

So for some Reason Viconia being in my Party is causing the problem. Kicking her out of the Party and the Crash does not happen, kicking anyone else out of the party but keeping Viconia and the game still crashes. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening.

I tried getting rid of all her local flags in EEkeeper: game still crashes. I tried changing the global flags to match a save file in which I've kicked her out of the party: game still crashes. I tried getting rid off any effects on her effects page: game still crashes. I tried changing her Script name and her ID number: game still crashes.
Post edited by Reddbane on

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Is it an overidden area file?if so, you could try deleting it from the override folder and have the area go back to normal.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    Nope. But to be sure I tried getting exporting a clean version from a new install of BG2 and dropping it in the override folder, and still crashes.
    I think it may be a problem with the script, since the area seems to load, that is the screen turns black and I can hear ambient noises and sometimes a comment from my party, but after a few seconds the game crashes. I Just don't know what in the script might be going wrong.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    It could also be one of the characters in the area, or an equiped item , spell or effect. Sorry, but I unfamiliar with that area so I cannot help much.
    Okay I checked everything. For some reason Viconia being in my Party is causing the game to crash; without her the scene plays fine. I have no idea why this happening, but I don't want to kick her out of the party, even temporarily, as it will break her romance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited March 2017
    Reddbane said:

I don't want to kick her out of the party, even temporarily, as it will break her romance.

Keep in my mind it's very easy to re-enable her romance using console commands or EEKeeper.

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL","1")

However, if the romance has advanced enough (I'd be more specific, but I don't want to spoil things, I don't know how much you know), you might need to write "2" instead of "1".

I just gave up and left her at the amphitheater, then came back after the scene, and used EEkeeper to set all the local and global Viconia flags back to what they were before I left her. She just jumped my bones the next time I went to sleep so apparently the Romance is back on track.
    [Deleted User]
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    This glitch seems to be back in the PS4 version.