Skip to content

Can NOT put slot into grandmaster weapon proficiencies

For some reason, I can not put 5 slots into weapon proficiencies of any weapon class as character creation in BG2EE, only 4 slots, I can still click the red + button, but it won't do anything after 4 slots, is there any way to fix this bug
I have also installed SoD before BG2EE

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    This is a new "fix"... the xp level you start at in BG2 (89,000xp) wouldn't allow you to achieve GM through normal play (2* at creation, plus advances at level 3 & 6), so it's denied to new characters too.
  • undeadheroundeadhero Member Posts: 6
    abacus said:

This is a new "fix"... the xp level you start at in BG2 (89,000xp) wouldn't allow you to achieve GM through normal play (2* at creation, plus advances at level 3 & 6), so it's denied to new characters too.

So when can I get GM ?
    At level 9 you'll get another pip, and that'll allow you to get GM.
  • undeadheroundeadhero Member Posts: 6
    abacus said:

Then When I created a new LV 7 Fighter, level him up to LV 9, I will have access to GM ?
    Thank, pal
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

abacus said:

Then When I created a new LV 7 Fighter, level him up to LV 9, I will have access to GM ?
    Thank, pal
    Yes.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    abacus said:

(Technically it was possible to get Grandmastery in vanilla BG by the 89,000 XP cap, but not as a single class fighter. Fighter (3) dualed to Thief (8) or Druid (8). 2 pips at creation, 1 pip at level 3, 1 pip at level 4 in your new class, and one final pip at level 8, which required 64,000 or 74,000 experience to hit, depending on which dual you used. It was a little wonky, borderline exploit-y, and ridiculously overpowered, but it was glorious.)
    SomeSort said:

abacus said:

(Technically it was possible to get Grandmastery in vanilla BG by the 89,000 XP cap, but not as a single class fighter. Fighter (3) dualed to Thief (8) or Druid (8). 2 pips at creation, 1 pip at level 3, 1 pip at level 4 in your new class, and one final pip at level 8, which required 64,000 or 74,000 experience to hit, depending on which dual you used. It was a little wonky, borderline exploit-y, and ridiculously overpowered, but it was glorious.)
    True, but that also isn't something you can do by rolling a fresh-out-the-box BG2 character, so at least it's consistent.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    SomeSort said:

abacus said:

and that has been "fixed" as well, if you want 5 slots in a weapon, your second class has to be at least level 9 to do so, I used to make fighter 7/thief 8s in BG and have grand mastery in short bows, but can't do that anymore, now I would have to wait until that thief hits level 12 before I could put that last proficiency in short bow