Skip to content

How do you prefer to start SoD?

So guys , how do you prefer to start the Expansion?
Do you level a main character from lvl 1 in BGEE then continue with him / her to the Expansion or just start with fresh right of the bat in SoD?

I remember lots of people back in the days starting from BG1 just to get the books for stats , what about you?

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I do not like starting SoD directly, as it's structured like ToB but you don't get starter gear. As I found out to my detriment when I changed hard drives, wasn't using cloud saves, and lost Von Trapp the Fighter>Thief.
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    I always start from level 1 in BGEE, then transition into SoD after defeating Sarevok. It just doesn't feel right to jump into the story from the middle. (I wouldn't play BG2 without playing through BG1 first on a character either - SoD just adds another chapter to the saga for me.)
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    Pokota said:

I do not like starting SoD directly, as it's structured like ToB but you don't get starter gear. As I found out to my detriment when I changed hard drives, wasn't using cloud saves, and lost Von Trapp the Fighter>Thief.

I've tested few new characters in SoD just to see and you get some good starting equipment(on some slots not the best you can get).

Also thanks for the answers , yeah its like something is wrong when u start at the middle of a saga and as i mentioned ... skipping the stat books just eats you (me) inside.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    After Baldurs Gate Tales of the Sword Coast with the party of Me, Viconia, Shar-Teel, Montaron, Xzar, Edwin
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    Vasculio said:

After Baldurs Gate Tales of the Sword Coast with the party of Me, Viconia, Shar-Teel, Montaron, Xzar, Edwin

Ohh that party!
    Finally - NORMAL PEOPLE!
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I always have to start BG first and then transition into SoD.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Start with BG, need them tomes and i don't cheat, plus i like to stock up on wands, make a habit out of shooting in 3 quick fireballs to start the battle in SOD :D
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    like tob. play bg1 and go right into sod.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited April 2017
    I only play SoD with characters I completed BG1 with. But as it's such a linear game, I don't like playing it often. My most recent Charname that I completed BG1 with (Deirdre Bookchild), skipped SoD and went to BG2 straight away when I wanted her to take Aerie and Haer'Dalis along to find out what their romance is about and I didn't feel like slogging through Siege of Dragonspear first.

Siege of Dragonspear is like Icewind Dale in many regards: linear, massive combats, but less role-playing. It's why I don't play them through nearly as much as BG1 or BG2.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I only play SoD with characters I completed BG1 with. But as it's such a linear game, I don't like playing it often. My most recent Charname that I completed BG1 with (Deirdre Bookchild), skipped SoD and went to BG2 straight away when I wanted her to take Aerie and Haer'Dalis along to find out what their romance is about and I didn't feel like slogging through Siege of Dragonspear first.

Siege of Dragonspear is like Icewind Dale in many regards: linear, massive combats, but less role-playing. It's why I don't play them through nearly as much as BG1 or BG2.

I've just completed it again and the railroading and end sequence left me so irritated it will be some time before I forget that and play it again.
    So, same as you, usually skip from BG to BG2.
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    BG1 first - Mainly for Tomes, but also for Arrows of Detonation <3