Skip to content

2.4 Patch BG2:EE

Is it coming anytime soon?

I know there's possibly a thread for this and updates on it but I'm running late for work and didn't have the time to search for it so forgive me.

Thanks

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited February 2017
    After Beamdog finishes their project that is currently in beta, they will go back to updating BG1/2. In other words: not anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    even tho for the most part the games run fine.
    edited March 2017
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    edited March 2017
    I have been playing the BG series for 15 years now. The game was good back then - but for me the modding community made it great and kept it alive and well in all these years.

Beamdog has made on h... of a job refreshing the game and making the ee versions. So thank You so far. I chose to play the game on IOS - so still in version 1.3 on a non jailbroken iphone I am missing out on a lot

I hope that version 2.4 comes out soon. But if not the 2.3 can be played on a pc, with mods in the dozens. I am sure that even with 2.3 version there is 15 more years in the game - courtesy of the ee version and the mods.

So thank you beamdog. I hope you give us the 2.4, and a BG3... if not thanks for what we where offered. BG has been my best purchase ever. Even if there will only be a version 1.3 on iOS.

PS. Thanks subtledoctor for your great work with mods and stuff.
    Pps. Left a description of the shadow over soubar mod in thread... as requested.
    Ppps. Really liked shadows over soubar..
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

This is some bullshit. I've never seen a game more poorly maintained.

Railroad Tycoon for the Mac. Would not work on release for half the machines allegedly supported, no working patch ever released. The games from Beamdog work and they play fine.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    tbone1 said:

This is some bullshit. I've never seen a game more poorly maintained.

Railroad Tycoon for the Mac. Would not work on release for half the machines allegedly supported, no working patch ever released. The games from Beamdog work and they play fine.

Better than they ever did, in fact.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    "2.3 is fine, great in almost every way. "

Completely false. Last time i tried to play 2.3 multiplayer the game would freeze at the world map/area select screen or it wouldn't crash but clicking on locations did nothing and i couldn't go anywhere.

Also random crashes/items disappearing/and npcs copying themselves sometimes i would see 20 of the same npc.

They really need to fix this soon.
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    simulacrum casts oracle without having the spell in my book, it also randomly stops acting. Project image can cast chain contingency and store spells although it cant in original games. Comet damages party people despite it shouldn't. Spell immunity ignores aura can be cast within a round of another spell. And a couple of more bugs that i dont remember right now. It is far from great imo.
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2017

Aaezil said:

"2.3 is fine, great in almost every way. "

Completely false. Last time i tried to play 2.3 multiplayer the game would freeze at the world map/area select screen or it wouldn't crash but clicking on locations did nothing and i couldn't go anywhere.

I did say ALMOST. See it there? ALMOST. I never played multiplayer so never saw any problems relating to multiplayer play. But yes, if there is a problem with multiplayer, then I acknowledge that is one problem. Of course, because I said ALMOST, that means what I said is not "completely false."

ALMOST.
    For what it's worth, I read "completely false" as referring to "2.3 is fine", not referring to "great in almost every way".

If my preferred mode of play was unplayable I would say claims that 2.3 was fine were completely false, too, regardless of the fact that most things *did* work. If I bought a game where 99.99% of things worked exactly as intended, but the one exception is it crashed every time on character creation, that 99.99% success rate wouldn't be much of a comfort to me.

(I don't play MP either, so I don't have any thoughts on his or her specific experiences either way. And I'm playing on iOS and, therefore, stuck on 1.3 besides-- Edit to add: which is fine ;). I just think everyone gets to decide for themselves what is "fine" and what is "not fine". And while it's fine for you, it sounds like it's not fine for the OP.)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    why isn't there a thread about bugs in 2.3 by the way ?
    I just found one anoying bug here, npcs in my group have their experience going up and down for some reason, apparently it's linked to experience adjustment when recruiting, except that I recruited them a long time ago now, and it still happens.
    My main character comes from SoD so he has too much xp (and I didn't even finish SoD, after a while I decided it was too long for bg2 and I decided to start bg2 and import my last save there).
    And then you get the sound telling a character has enough experience to level up, and a few seconds later the experience has gone down again. Once I could level him up, and then his experience went down anyway, which means that he was probably going to level up twice for the same level, but I decided to reload at that point.
    It happens a lot when sleeping, even when a character is 50k xp below my main char, he gets the boost while sleeping, and then it might go down later (but it might take some random amount of time before going down).

I don't understand how they could break this, there were mods doing this when recruiting npcs, it's just when recruiting, not all the time, and it worked well (bg2tweaks did that, but the component in cdtweaks "tob-style npcs" doesn't seem to work with 2.3).

Oh well too bad... I am wondering if I should return to 1.3 using the beta option in steam now...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.