Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear imported characters not bringing in gear with them.

themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
I am trying to import a character to Siege of Dragonspear, but gear does not appear. I tried it both with a Baldur's Gate character and a Black Pits character with the same result. (I'm intending to play with the Black Pits character).

I did get gear to transfer if I import my character into a new Baldur's Gate game Then I import to Siege of Dragonspear from a Baldur's Gate save. However, then I end up with no party, just that character!

I hope this gets fixed in the future.

Edit: Somehow while editing this conversation, the forums got bug and the entire topic got deleted. I'm sorry if I'm reposting this and it shows up again.

I'm playing version 2.3.67.3 (I bought it off of GoG).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2017
    Yes, exactly. In fact I gleaned some of that to do some more testing. I tried a multiplayer game. I imported my Black Pits character as the first character. I imported Charname from a Baldur's Gate export. I imported a second Black Pits character, and then I just imported 3 random ones. My first character (the Black Pits one that I want) had none of her gear, but she got the key ring. Charname and the 2nd Black Pits character did.

So, so far the only way I can get slot 1 to bring in their gear is by importing from a saved game (in which case the key ring overrides the first item in the backpack). But that doesn't help because I want the NPC party.

So, this was reported a year ago and 11 months ago and hasn't been fixed? Is there a work-around?

edit: I have reported this bug in the Public Bug Reports page. Again, if anybody has a work-around, it would be appreciated.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2017

Yeah, hopefully we'll get a patch in a couple months since Planescape is releasing soon.

For a workaround, I wonder if trying different approaches in a multiplayer game would help. (After you create a multiplayer game with all your equipment and party members, you can copy the save file to the single player save folder.)

Maybe start a multiplayer game with your party imported (where your charname doesn't have any equipment imported), then ask 1 character to leave momentarily, then save and load that multiplayer game to import a duplicate charname (with all their equipment) into the freed up spot? Once you've transferred your equipment over from your duplicate charname, you can remove your duplicate charname from the party?

Yeesh, this is confusing. -_- I hope they patch it soon.

I still wouldn't have the NPC party (unless I'm missing something), which is the ultimate goal. NPCs can't be exported/imported, and you only get them if you do a single player game which only allows you to create one character.

agh you're right. blah :( thought I had a solution there for a minute.

Thanks for trying! I'm currently looking to see if I can use EE Keeper to get around it. Although that seems like a lot of work.
    EE Keeper worked, but that was way too much work for a simple game import! I hope this gets fixed in a future patch!
    [Deleted User]
    themazingness