Skip to content

Prism's Emeralds (Spoiler)

The emeralds you give Oublek for the Prism quest, seem to be different than normal emeralds in terms of item properties. I assume this is so you can't give him any odd emerald? They don't stack with each other or other emeralds, and if you sell them, they don't group together with other emeralds but instead are listed in the shop inventory, each as separate items. By design?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It might be to prevent you from using other emeralds. Alternatively, it could also be because the 'TakePartyItem' action doesn't handle stacked items very well and will take the entire stack (similar to how Fuller, for example, will take all your bolts). There is a 'TakePartyItemNum' action in the engine which can be used to take a certain number of stacks but I don't think that action existed in vanilla BG1.

This is in the wrong section, by the way.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @mlnevese Please, move this discussion to the appropriate section.....
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Thread moved to Baldur's Gate Forum.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I've also heard you only need to give Oublek just one of the emeralds to finish the quest, although I don't know if this has been fixed in the EE's since I never give oublek the emeralds ( the gold piece cost of selling them is way better than what you get for giving them to Oublek and the XP bonus is just to small to make a difference in my opinion)
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    @sarevok57
    I tend to scam Oublek the first time then sell the emeralds. Occasionally a charmed Oublek makes a good bait for Nimbul's Magic Missiles and surprise, he carries the reward on his person.

O Greed, O Desire
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on