Skip to content

Help! Where are the portraits and save games now located? (Beamdog client question)

ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
I just tried to re-download BG:SoD and it seems that Beamdog is using a new "client" (not sure when this started but it is entirely new to me).

I am using a mac.

I've managed to find the resource files (00806), though I would've preferred that it be located in a BG file in my applications folder like it was before.

However, I can't seem to find the document file which used to contain the portraits and save games. Any idea where this might be?

Also, is it possible to somehow change the way this game is installed back to the 'old' way?

Thanks!

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    OK, I found the save folder. It's in "Documents" like it was before.

I forgot that I had to save a *new* game in order for the folder to be created (likewise for "Portraits").
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I'm on win8 and the installation location changed there too and made some confusion for me too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    To install the game with the Beamdog Client you have to pick where to install it to.

In the Client, if you select the game you want and click the 'Options' button you can use 'Open Game Location' and it will open the game's folder for you, you don't have to go looking for it youself.

Save games, baldur.lua and other files that are located in Documents will stay there.