Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Livestream with Chris Avellone Annoucement

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
On April 3rd, 4 PM PDT we go live on Twitch with the one and only Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape: Torment and now Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition. Beamdog’s Lead Producer Phillip Daigle, will be joining Chris for an evening of RPG fun where we show off classic Planescape locations alongside all the new improvements that PST:EE has to offer.

The PST:EE team will be in the chat to answer your questions and give away prizes as Chris Avellone talks about his experience on Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and the original Planescape: Torment.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/03/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition.html
cmk24KamigoroshilefreuttaclaneCrevsDaakAstroBryGuyAndreaColombololiensparkleavBlackorbRavenslight

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2017
    Fingers crossed there will be cosplay during the twitch. My sheringan have the perfect picture:
    Chris Avellone as Ignus and Phillip Daigle as Morte. Maybe Trent Oster as The Nameless One to round things up.

... I wonder if someone can even manage to pull off a Nordom cosplay as well. :wink:
    taclaneCrevsDaakTeflonJuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Very nice interview!
    JuliusBorisovrede9
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    And he mentioned working with Beamdog on something else secret! I'm intrigued...
    JuliusBorisovTeflon
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    "CA - The high Wisdom response at the end of the game is the “true” one (and there’s an Achievement for it to boot, in case there was any doubt)."

Wisdom confirmed OP Beamdog pls nerf
    JuliusBorisovTeflon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2017
    Hey, folks! This is your chance to chat, to speak to each other. www.twitch.tv/beamdog - the chat room is already open
    [Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    edited April 2017
    lefreut said:

Hey, folks! This is your chance to chat, to speak to each other. www.twitch.tv/beamdog - the chat room is already open

I'd like to but it's almost midnight here, I had to go to sleep :(

Will we be able to watch the replay on twitch ?
    Looks like you're talking while sleeping.

We will see what we can do.
    Teflon
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Missed it too:( It seems i don't spend enough time on the forum:D
    JuliusBorisovTeflon
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    This went really well. Lots of prizes, lots of anecdotes, lots of questions, lots of cool spell animations.

JuliusBorisovlolienTeflon
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2017
    Did Phil once again spoil some nice little surprise like last time with
    the SoD stream and the death of Nüber
    :D
    JuliusBorisovTeflon

Did Phil once again spoil some nice little surprise like last time with

the SoD stream and the death of Nüber
    :D
    I think this time they have warned beforehand each time they have been going to show a spoiler.
    Teflon
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Thanks for the link.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    edited April 2017
    At first this scene shows up so I thought it is gone now, and I am too late but it was not hopefully.

Chris Avellone's build is true classic and I like it :smile:
    JuliusBorisovrede9
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Nice poster, I want one! Might they go on sale somewhere? Who's the dev in the pic signing away?

After watching that stream I'm now convinced Beamdog are working on a 5th Edition game in Planescape setting. How many times, since the PST:EE announcement, have I heard mention of how great a setting it is and what a shame it would be to see it go to waste? I read it in interviews and heard it again in that stream.

Nearing the end of the stream I'm already thinking, wow, they are dropping massive hints about this setting continuing on. Then what really clinched it for me was at the end. Chris mentions how Nameless one can change his class at will and Phil responds that's how 5th Edition ended up being anyways, stacking levels. I guess we'll just have to port PS:T to 5th Edition or something.

Or something?!? ha! I've totally convinced myself they are doing a brand new game in Planescape! :p
    Teflon
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    lolien
    Now the session is available on Youtube!

https://t.co/8qa0AtRBOP
    lolienbleusteel
    Now the highlights version of the QA session is available:

HurricanekanisathaAncientCowboy
  • ET3DET3D Member Posts: 17
    Watching this made me want to play the game again. But probably won't do it just out of the notion that playing something I haven't played before is better than replaying a game I finished before (even though I haven't experienced all it had to offer).
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    I've just finished to watch the livestream. I didn't understand too much, but it appears to me they just explained the game to new players. I liked the tablet UI and the observation that Planescape and Sanitarium are coeval; but I didn't liked they didn't legitimize the JRPG elements (magic clips; random encounter...) saying only they are awesome.