I'd like to introduce you to my second mod, that introduces to the game a new class - Card.
I was inspired by this class http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Card_(3.5e_Class)
But a lot of these things would not work in BG so I just took some inspiration and went on my own way.
As a template for my spells in the mod I've used Random Spell from this mod http://mods.jo-ge.net/bg/shaper.htm
Unfortunately due to the limitations it isn't a new class, but a new (thief) kit. But I like pretending that it's a new class!
That's why the description says that it is a class:
CARD: The Card is a spellcaster that have never wanted to be a one. That's what makes them very different from Mages and Sorcerers. The Card's strength and curse lies in hers Enchanted Decks of Magic Cards. No one knows a lot about them, they just appear in the pocket of a random person, and never leave.
Enchanted Decks are a new powerful way to use magic, but also a very dangerous one. To successfully cast a spell, a Card cannot know what spell she is pulling out of the deck.
Because Cards have never spent time in schools studying magic, they come from a lot of different backgrounds. Some of them before becoming a Card were thieves, and some of them were warriors. That's why Cards know a little bit of spellcasting and a little bit about fighting, but aren't particularly good in either one of them.
- May only use following weapons: long sword, short sword, katana, scimitar, dagger, club, quarterstaff, crossbow, shortbow, dart, sling.
- May become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
- May Specialize (two slots) in crossbows.
- May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.
- May not take off Card's Gloves.
- May not equip any kind of shields.*
- May distribute 10 points per level (20 at level 1) in thieving abilities: Pick Pockets, Open Locks, Detect Illusion.
- May not get any high level abilities.
- May cast arcane spells using Enchanted Defensive and Offensive Decks.
Uses of Decks per day:
Level I Decks: First use at level 1, additional uses at levels 2, 4, 7, 11 and 16.
Level II Decks: First use at level 3, additional uses at levels 4, 6, 9, 13 and 18.
Level III Decks: First use at level 5, additional uses at levels 6, 8, 11, 15 and 19.
Level IV Decks: First use at level 7, additional uses at levels 8, 10, 13, 17 and 20.
Level V Decks: First use at level 9, additional use at level 10, 12, 15 and 19.
Level VI Decks: First use at level 11, additional use at level 12, 14, 17 and 20.
Level VII Decks: First use at level 13, additional use at level 14, 16 and 19.
Level VIII Decks: First use at level 15, additional use at level 16, 18 i 20.
Level XI Decks: First use at level 17, additional use at level 18, 19 i 20.
- Spell casted from Enchanted Decks is randomly chosen from the Deck's pool.
In the Defensive Deck I you can find following spells:
- Protection From Petrification,
- Protection From Evil,
- Reflected Image,
In the Offensive Deck I you can find following spells
- Magic Missile,
- Color Spray,
- Larloch's Minor Drain,
- Shocking Grasp,
- Burning Hands,
- Charm Person,
- Chromatic Orb,
- Chill Touch,
- Alignment restricted to any except lawful.
- Hit Die: d6.
* - not implemented yet
I like pretending that it is a new class, because when you'll be playing as a Card, you certainly wouldn't play it as you would play another thief kit.
Card has randomized spells (cards) that he can cast even while wearing an armor, likes his crossbow (2 point) and has some thieving abilities.
- when casting a spell on some sort of a container (ex. chest) it would trigger all the spells in the deck (I don't know how to fix this tbh : <).
I need help with:
- making new icons (bam files),
- making shields unusable by Cards (tried opcode 181, maybe I'm doing something wrong),
- fixing my English in the mod.
I'm looking for suggestions:
- about lore and balancing : )
0.3v - few little fixes
0.2v - compatible with BG:EE2
- Card as a class feature cannot get HLAs
- updated class description in the mod and in the topic
Please check out my first mod : )http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24865/bgee-bgee-2-mod-lost-druid-kit-1-0v