Skip to content

Planescape: T-Shirt

I just saw the stream with Chris Avellone. Where can we buy a P:T t-shirt, like the one of the ones that was given away?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Honestly I doubt they're for sale, just like the SoD and IWD t-shirts weren't. If they sold them, receiving them as prizes during live streams would feel a lot less special imo.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I think happen to be the same as with the SOD shirts (which I find very likely), Beamdog doesn't have the merchandising rights to PS:T, ergo isn't allowed by Wizards of the Coast/ Hasbro to sell any t-shirts. It was mentioned before, that the SOD shirts would be given out as free because of that.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    As Trent mentioned in the chat during the stream, these T-shirts are limited and can't be purchased. You can only get them as a prize during one of our events.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Invaluable then it is indeed. :*
  • TheMaskTheMask Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, but some of us have jobs. We can't be on a stream at like 12 o'clock on a workday, and pray that you land on our nickname.

I mean... isn't it in *your* best interest to sell merch?

I would buy at least 1 t-shirt of each of your titles. Imagine there's a lot of people like me.

That can add up to... money.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2017
    @TheMask You are barking up the wrong tree, if you want to buy merch you are gonna have to ask Wizards of the Coast about it.
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    @TheMask I feel your pain.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    The stream was at 4 pm Pacific, so a bit later than noon - a lot later than noon in Eastern and Central time.

Also, they said there were 100 t-shirts, so really limited.
    I get it, but what I wanted to say is that I would want to buy a t-shirt, and I find it weird that I can't.

It seems counterproductive even coming from Wizards of the Coast POV... I mean if I buy the t-shirt and wear it, it is literally free advertising for their products.

I know D&D is big, but can you seriously pass on free advertising that me, the consumer, pays for?

How much win does it have to be for people to move so this gets done?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    TheMask said:

It seems counterproductive even coming from Wizards of the Coast POV... I mean if I buy the t-shirt and wear it, it is literally free advertising for their products.

Don't get me wrong, I love everyone at WotC - they gave us 3rd and 5th edition, and both of those are awesome. I love their dedication to the game and the brand. That having been said, doing what makes sense when it comes to marketing and making cash has never been one of their strong suits.

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2017
    Since the late 1990s, BG 1-2, IWD 1-2, and to a lesser extent PST have been in my life for more than half my life. I was 15 or 16 when BG was first released. It was a formative, even a transformative experience. These games are part of me. I'd happily advertise that fact. Why can't I buy a t-shirt with my actual money to demonstrate my brand loyalty? I mean, "shut up and take my money," seriously!
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    TheMask said:

I get it, but what I wanted to say is that I would want to buy a t-shirt, and I find it weird that I can't.

You can't buy from this batch however there must be a way to create a T-shirt. I'm sure the fandom is well organised and it has the resources.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Beamdog's ways are mysterious when it comes to t-shirts. The same thing happened with BG1 & 2, no shirts except through giveaways. I'd have gotten several by now if they were up for sale.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

I see what you did there. Dakkon rules.

I'm sorry, I didn't check this, I was expecting the same reaction most companies have - to not care at all.

I presume the whole caption contest is over.

I'll check these forums more often, then. ^__^
    @TheMask You'll be surprised, but there's a constant dialogue between fans and devs here.

Don't miss the launch stream, it will include giving away prizes, including T-shirts.