I recently thought while playing BG:EE, how greedy can one get? Was wondering what stories you guys have. Or maybe just something outright evil you did for personal gain in game.
Here's an example on my most recent playthrough:
Place: Nashkel Fair
Person: Vendor who sells you the "Red" and "Violet" potions.
Goal: Get not only my money back, but whatever coin he has on him (Around 400+ gold total)
1) Leave the Merchant be, and be satisfied with looting his two locked chests. (yeah right!)
2) Kill the Merchant - Acquire a rather large loss of Rep (At least 4 points at my current Rep Status) (defeats the purpose with how much it costs to raise rep)
3) Nuclear Option (see below)
The Merchant will not leave the tent under charm... so I can't lure him to his death via an aggressive spawn on the north of the map. I can't charm another target and have it enter (it will not follow). Aggressive spawns WILL follow however.
- Head North
- Find Pack of Kobolds on perimeter of Fair Map
- Kill All But One
- Charm one remaining
- Lead him to tent Entrance (re-charming along the way if necessary)
- Cast Command Spell (Aggressive act that will not kill Kobold but WILL cancel charm spell)
- Kobold awakens and chases me into tent
- Charm Merchant - Welcome to my party!
- Rush Merchant into Kobold, windmilling his arms
- Let Kobold Kill Merchant
- Kill Kobold
- Loot Merchant