Skip to content

safe storage area in BGEE

Is there any place where I could safely leave some inventory items for use later in some town in BGEE? It would help to clear my inventory. Thanks , Gorris

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    You can leave your items in any chest or container and they'll be safe. Just be careful if you're in an inn and you pick a lock on a container as you might draw the attention of guards. You can just leave your stuff in an outdoor barrel or sack, if you want, though for RP reasons this might seem unrealistic.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I mean maybe they let Landrin buy an upstairs room in bulk and ya' may as well hang out at the inn until the time is up :D

I'm a lot like Sylvus - my first few playthroughs when I was a kid I usually used the upstairs of Feldposts as a storage house - since it's fairly centrally located and is a decent spot to sell vendor trash (gems and other assorted stuff) and rest - and I stuck with that for ages.

I know quite a few people like storing stuff in the house next to High Hedge because Thalyntyr is one of the best vendors in the whole game so you visit him fairly regularly, and he'll buy almost anything.

But my favorite spot is the chest in Joia's house in the Friendly Arm. Mainly because it's a super short distance from the Southern loading screen, and it becomes available almost immediately (assuming you do her quest). Then, once you make it to BG, the FAI is still rather close to BG itself so it's not too much trouble to bounce back and forth.

Thankfully, with all the new containers added to the game, storage is a lot less of a hassle and mostly comes down to odds and ends (books, scrolls, quest items) etc. Back in the day it was a lot more essential because you'd need to store TONS of potions and protection scrolls somewhere for later lol.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Kilivitz said:

My favorite place to store things is Landrin's house in Beregost. It's the house that's been invaded by Spiders. Even if you complete the quest, Landrin never moves back there from the Friendly Arm Inn (a continuity oversight in Bioware's part). There are two containers and zero chance to be pestered by guards. It's also easily accessible.

She's having an affair with Bentley Mirrorshade.
    His wife found religion and spends all her time at the temple and doesn't understand him anymore.
    She's upset her husband ran out without even putting his boots on and left her to the spiders.
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    ok..thanks to all, Gorris
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    For the first half of BG1ee, I always keep my stash of spare stuff at the Friendly Arm Inn, and for the second half I move my stash to the Elfsong Tavern. Both locations have the advantage of multiple containers, so you can keep your stash sorted for easy access with different types of stuff in different containers, which is handy if you're a pack-rat (as I am).

From comments people have made in this forum over the years, I suspect that these two locations are the most popular choices.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited December 2016
    My favorite (portable) storage area is the Bag of Holding.

I have one (bag31) modded into Thalantyr's store. With its 10,000 gp base price, I have to be a little more careful with spending gold early in the game, but its 2000 item capacity spares me a lot of the headache with inventory management throughout BGEE. It's also great for preventing dead enemies' equipment from cluttering up the landscape.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited April 2017
    Kilivitz said:

My favorite place to store things is Landrin's house in Beregost. It's the house that's been invaded by Spiders. Even if you complete the quest, Landrin never moves back there from the Friendly Arm Inn (a continuity oversight in Bioware's part). There are two containers and zero chance to be pestered by guards. It's also easily accessible.

I kill Landrin so its even more accessible. I sell his quest items (Post-quest) to Bentley and hang on to the spider corpse for the hell of it. Bentley doesn't ask questions lol.