Skip to content

Is it still allowed to slay devils on the streets of Sygil?

rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
When I play PST, I always slay innocent Baatezu gaining 8000 EXP for each one. The Lady of Pain has never punished me. Is it still possible doing it in PSTee?
Post edited by rede9 on

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Do you mean the black abishai walking around the town?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    Yes I do. (They are devils, not demons, aren't they?)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We'll have to wait until the game is released to know for sure but I don't think this has been changed.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    Innocent Devils seems an oxymoron in terms.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    rede9 said:

(They are devils, not demons, aren't they?)

Yep, and Sigil is spelled with both i's ;)
    Reddbane said:

The Lady of Pain thinks the same however racist it may be.

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    @rede9 So you just force attack poor baayezu who just walk around dangerous streets of sigil? Not talk then make he become hostile to you or yer party member?? :o
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2017
    Technically, you shouldn't have been able to do that, I believe.
    The Lady of Pain might not care for devils but the Harmonium would. They keep Order in Sigil.

Baatezu are professional lawyers and they would love to throw you in Sigil's jails or have all of the law against you.

And if the response is to kill them all, guess who gets annoyed because Sigil is in chaos: The Lady of Pain.
    You don't make a mess of Sigil, she makes a mess of you.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    They are monsters! They must be dealt with however I see fit.

Someone, like me, has to keep the chaotic juices flowin'!
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Teflon said:

@rede9 So you just force attack poor baayezu who just walk around dangerous streets of sigil? Not talk then make he become hostile to you or yer party member?? :o

Yes and my alignment remains lawful good.

mlnevese said:

We'll have to wait until the game is released to know for sure but I don't think this has been changed.

Well, technically it is not a cheat then nor a bug.

• CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    You can provoke them to attack with the proper dialog choices.
    edited April 2017
    1130210 said:

Someone, like me, has to keep the chaotic juices flowin'!

Then Succubae might visit you one day or another. Lucky one.
    Instead I'm forced to keep using the sensory stone.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    edited April 2017
    rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

The Lady of Pain just does not involve herself in something that minor. She does not want gods or the worship of gods in Sigil, and once she stopped a devastating war between the factions.

But she does not care about individuals, be they devil or human. Note the level of conflict in the Hive.
    Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

The Lady of Pain just does not involve herself in something that minor. She does not want gods or the worship of gods in Sigil, and once she stopped a devastating war between the factions.

But she does not care about individuals, be they devil or human. Note the level of conflict in the Hive.
    But if you kill three dabus or a lot of people, she get angry.

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited April 2017
    The only "stat" she was ever given officially, is that she is Lawful Neutral.
    Not sure from which edition this is, I believe 3E, might be wrong.

She doesn't care if all of Sigil was inhabited by devils or angels. She doesn't care.
    She wants Order in Sigil and if you start making a mess of it, you'll be mazed at best, turned into bacon at worst.

Some time ago the Factions have gotten too big in number, so she gave them an ultimatum, either stop their infighting and reduce the number of Factions or be destroyed, all of them.

There's a reason the Harmonium is probably one of the most powerful Factions in Sigil. They're the "police".

Sigil could be a ghost city for all she cares. As in, no one but dabus live there and not literal ghosts. ;)
    rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

The dabus are the only one that directly work for her. Those are under her protections.

If you kill too many people she will intervene for the same reason as she did in the faction war. But it is still not because of the individuals, but because murder on too large a scale threatens the stability of Sigil.
    Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

If you kill too many people she will intervene for the same reason as she did in the faction war. But it is still not because of the individuals, but because murder on too large a scale threatens the stability of Sigil.
    And what about swear with her doll?

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2017
    rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

If you either pray to it or mock it too much, you'll end up in trouble with The Lady.
    rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Ammar said:

rede9 said:

Reddbane said:

This falls under the no worship I mentioned above. She includes herself in this.