Skip to content

Character unaffected by haste or boots of speed

moominatamoominata Member Posts: 12
UPDATE -- I figured out the problem... Abdel is wearing Edventar's Gift -- a ring that makes the wearer immune to any spells that affect movement such as slow or haste... duh...

Should I leave this post up in case it helps anyone else, or take it down?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ORIGINAL POST

For a while now my lead guy Abdel is unaffected by the haste spell, or the cheetah boots he's wearing. He's not carrying too much stuff, and he has a bag of holding so it's not that. When I cast haste everyone else speeds up but he just plods along usual speed. I can't figure out if it's something he's wearing, I've read the descriptions of all his gear and nothing says anything about slowing him down or making him magic resistant. Any ideas?
Post edited by moominata on

Comments

• AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    Yeah, I found that out the hard way.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if im not mistaken, what you can do is take off any items that give you the "free action" effect and cast haste on your character then wear the item that gives you free action and you will be able to have haste active while having free action
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    sarevok57 said:

if im not mistaken, what you can do is take off any items that give you the "free action" effect and cast haste on your character then wear the item that gives you free action and you will be able to have haste active while having free action

It might be due to some mods I have installed but this behavior is rather inconsistent. In my game, it works as you described with Keldorn's armor, for example, but if I equip Edventar's Gift onto a hasted character it will negate haste.