Skip to content

Getting swamped on Dragon's Eye level 2

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    I've had that happen on HoF mode before just seems everything goes nuts and just swarms you. Ends up quite intense. Not sure if it happens on any other mode as HoF is the only mode to play.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    It has happened to me on Core rules, so it isn't a HoF only thing.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited April 2017
    Something like that happened to me too. It was even before the EE, I think. (Non-HoF difficulty.)

I had quick-saved in Dragon's Eye Level 2, and whenever i loaded that savegame a spider immediately came at me out of the fog of war, followed by trolls and beetles and more spiders coming from different directions.

Not sure if it's a bug though. I always assumed I had simply been unlucky enough to quicksave while standing in the path of a spider patrolling the area and just about to enter my line of sight, and then once I fought the spider the other creatures were maybe drawn towards the sound of battle, or something?

But yeah, it might also just be a bug...

It definitely made for a memorable battle though. After several reload attempts, intensive micro-managing, and using up plenty of spells and consumables, I finally managed to come out of it with all my character's hit-points barely above zero... :)
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Raduzielineth
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It has probably something to do with an area-wide variable that is set as soon as a creature notices the party. It causes all creatures to walk towards Player1 with 50% probability. Since this check is made periodically, every creature on that level will move towards the party eventually. I can only guess that another script block with higher priority prevents this action as long as you don't save and reload.
    sarevok57inethsemiticgoddess