Skip to content

Quick Kivan Question - Spoilerific

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
If you wait to talk to Kivan, until after you've cleared the Bandit Camp - Will he still join? Does he vanish? Will he join and still want to clear it?

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I know he's still there.
    I kept on passing the poor sod last playthrough and was tempted to put him out of his misery.
    But I like Kivan so just left him under the trees with the squirrals dreaming about Deheriana ......
    So tragic and romantic. :'(
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Thanks - Anyone know what happens to his timer though? Is it just nullified if you've already been to the camp?
    I loaded an old save from chapter 7 to check for you.

He has exactly the same dialog when he joins. So entered the edge of the bandit camp area and the dialog appears as normal (prayer to Shevasse) and that stops the timer.
    I've used that trick before when taking Kivan and not wanting to do the bandit camp for a long time.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Thanks!
  • grisbosskgrisbossk Member Posts: 21
    Confirmed. I recruited Kivan post Bandit Camp (doing quests in BG now) for the first time. I didn't know that you need to stop the timer by going to BC tho. Thanks @UnderstandMouseMagic
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    grisbossk said:

Confirmed. I recruited Kivan post Bandit Camp (doing quests in BG now) for the first time. I didn't know that you need to stop the timer by going to BC tho. Thanks @UnderstandMouseMagic

I had a save file and ran over there and got no text. I had already cleared the camp long ago however. I tried camping about 500 times and he never left. So @Melicamp not sure you'll have to actually hit the camp with him if its already empty.

grisbossk said:

I had a save file and ran over there and got no text. I had already cleared the camp long ago however. I tried camping about 500 times and he never left. So @Melicamp not sure you'll have to actually hit the camp with him if its already empty.
    My bad, it's possible/probable that bit of dialog is NPC project.
    So nowt to do with the timer.

But it's a useful tip if you pick him up early and want to delay the B.Camp to remember to just visit the edge of the map.