Skip to content

Wisdom boost: are there any objets out there that boost your wisdom temporarily?

I'd like to use te level 9 spell "wish" with a score higher than 18 that you can get with an insight potion. I was wondering if there's an item usable by mages mind you that'll boost your wisdom to above 18... Who knows maybe someone encountered such object, thing is even after my third run I don't remember such item.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    The silver ioun stone gives +1 and is found at the tavern in Amkethran. I had the impression though that you didn't get any further benefit for wish choices with wisdom over 18.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Grond0 said:

The silver ioun stone gives +1 and is found at the tavern in Amkethran. I had the impression though that you didn't get any further benefit for wish choices with wisdom over 18.

this is correct, having a score over 18 will not change wish results

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    edited April 2017
    Like they said, having a wisdom score over 18 won't help you in that regard. Besides that, wisdom is useful because:

1) A few select dialogue choices won't be available if your wisdom is low.

2) It will increase your lore score, thus making identification automatic, up to a point.

3) It gives priests and druids extra priest spell slots. They can't get enough of it. It's always useful to them.
    Note that wisdom-increasing potions are useless in this regard, because you'd need to rest in order to cast the extra spells gained by the wisdom increase, which means you won't get the extra spells anyway because the potion will wear off after resting.