Skip to content

Transferring save file from SoD to BG2EE question (mac 10.11.6)

ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
I have no problem transferring an individual character file from SoD to BG2EE (by 'exporting' the character from SoD and transferring the file to the 'Characters' folder in BG2EE).

However, I cannot import a character from a saved SoD file into BG2EE.

I've moved the final save from the SoD 'save' folder to the 'save' folder for BG2EE. But when I try to import a character from a saved game (during the character creation stage of BG2EE) nothing appears.

This wouldn't be a big deal except that I have to enter a number of variables manually (via EEKeeper) in order for the SoD items to transfer over to BG2EE.

Also, I don't think that romances carry over from SoD to BG2EE if I simply transfer the character file (though I'm not sure about this, as I haven't tried to carry over one yet).

I'm using a mac (OS 10.11.6).

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you try moving your save back to the SoD save folder, BGIIEE should import saves from the BGEE save locations (in single player).
    Thanks
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited April 2017
    The save is still in the SoD save folder (I should've said in my original post that I copied and pasted the file rather than 'moved' it).

None of my SoD saves (or BG saves) appear when I try to import a game or character in BG2EE.

EDIT: I have no problem with individual character files (exporting a character from SoD and importing him/her into BG2). However, the SoD variables don't seem to transfer this way (as far as I can tell).
    edited April 2017
    Could you advise whether you are clicking Single Player -> Import Game, or Single Player -> New Game -> Import -> Saved Game. & if neither shows the files.

Oh, and if you attach a save I'll do an import for you. It works for Linux and fairly sure it worked on PC last time I checked so might be specific to Mac.
    Thanks
    Gate70 said:

Could you advise whether you are clicking Single Player -> Import Game, or Single Player -> New Game -> Import -> Saved Game. & if neither shows the files.

I've tried both. Neither version shows any files.
    Gate70 said:

Oh, and if you attach a save I'll do an import for you. It works for Linux and fairly sure it worked on PC last time I checked so might be specific to Mac.
    Thanks

Thanks! But I can't seem to attach a saved game folder here.

After I completed SoD recently I noticed this problem. So I transferred the character file to BG2EE and then entered the relevant variables for the transferrable SoD items via EEKeeper (typing in "BD_HAVE_SOD", entering "Global" 1; etc.). I wasn't "romancing" any BG2EE NPCs in SoD, so I didn't worry about that not transferring for that the BG2EE game.

I posted here because I was wondering if I was missing something simple, and also wanted the option to transfer all the relevant game variables in the future.

Thanks again for your help.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Thanks! But I can't seem to attach a saved game folder here.

You need to zip up the folder and then you can attach it with 'attach file'.

You need to zip up the folder and then you can attach it with 'attach file'.

Right, of course -- thanks!
  • DoodlerooDoodleroo Member Posts: 28
    Just for the record, I am on a Mac as well and I too was unable to import a save from BGEE into BG2EE, no matter what I tried (and I'm pretty sure I tried all possible permutations of save file locations).
    In the end I settled for importing my BGEE character which worked fine (after copying it into the BG2EE dir) and at least I got the Pantaloons back in Irenicus' dungeon.
    OK, took a couple of goes because you had golden pantaloons in a container, and items in containers are not imported. If there was anything else you had in a container that should have imported let me know.
    Thrasymachus
    That worked, thanks @Gate70 .
    Doodleroo said:

Just for the record, I am on a Mac as well and I too was unable to import a save from BGEE into BG2EE, no matter what I tried (and I'm pretty sure I tried all possible permutations of save file locations)

I wonder if this is a general problem with the Mac versions of the games?

(I've installed the games onto two different macs and importing hasn't worked on either one.)
    Please feel free to report this as per http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs so it can be looked into

Thanks