Skip to content

MAJOR question (okay maybe not)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    No it won't. I think it would be good if this question also added in FAQ :p
    Since I also liked wheel menu thingy :D
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

(Sorry I wasn't clear - I hated the wheel menu thingy :lol: )

Agreed. That was my least favorite part of the game.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Oh wow, maybe I'll actually get out of the first area of the hive. Every single time I've tried to pick this game up, since so many people say it's so great, I get maybe as far as just out of the mortuary, and get fed up with the right click wheel thing and decide I'm not spending 40 hours with it. It just felt like I was fighting the UI more than the enemies in the original.
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56

Oh wow, maybe I'll actually get out of the first area of the hive. Every single time I've tried to pick this game up, since so many people say it's so great, I get maybe as far as just out of the mortuary, and get fed up with the right click wheel thing and decide I'm not spending 40 hours with it. It just felt like I was fighting the UI more than the enemies in the original.

You fought in the original?
    Sunder said:

Ya, I think just a dustman or 2 at the beginning to get a key or something since it seemed like Morte was suggesting that. Been awhile since I tried to play the game, though, and the hatred of the UI kind of overshadows much of the memory of the rest of it for me.
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56

Sunder said:

Ya, I think just a dustman or 2 at the beginning to get a key or something since it seemed like Morte was suggesting that. Been awhile since I tried to play the game, though, and the hatred of the UI kind of overshadows much of the memory of the rest of it for me.
    I am really just teasing. While "fighting" is more optional than any other RPG I have played ever, it is not out of place. I highly recommend trying it out EE or otherwise as it is a rare game that grows on ya & just gets better as ya play instead of less interesting. My only complaint is that it is not a game that offers the replayability as the Baldur's Gate series.....perhaps complaint is not the correct term. I am
    Sunder said:

Sunder said:

I am really just teasing. While "fighting" is more optional than any other RPG I have played ever, it is not out of place. I highly recommend trying it out EE or otherwise as it is a rare game that grows on ya & just gets better as ya play instead of less interesting. My only complaint is that it is not a game that offers the replayability as the Baldur's Gate series.....perhaps complaint is not the correct term. I am
    I did enjoy Torment: Tides of Numenera, but just like what you said about Planescape, it has pretty much no replayability. Following on the heels of Tyranny, that had 4 different paths through the game, that was a bit of a letdown, but still was worth a playthrough, and a super fascinating world to explore.

I have tried to get into the original at least 3 times. I got the game in one of the D&D bundles on GOG awhile back, and found the UI so maddening that I couldn't keep going. I had a similar problem with Heroine's quest recently. As a kid I always wanted to play the old Quest For Glory games, but never got a chance to play more than a few minutes at a friend's house. So Heroine's Quest interested me, but the interface drove me away pretty quickly. Go to the top menu, select look, click on the object, now go all the way back to the top menu, and select interact and move the mouse all the way back to the object and click on it. That is more waving the mouse around than some FPSs.

Since it sounds like the UI has been really cleaned up, and you guys ported the game to Linux, I'll wind up buying the EE.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    The UI is the only weak thing about this otherwise flawless game, I'm really looking forward to a quickbar'd PST:EE
  • RankyRanky Member Posts: 4
    This was a major disappointment for me I really like the radial menu.
    Much more inconvenient without. Guess I'll get used to it but it's a shame I'll have to.
    (This is my one gripe about what seems a great EE).
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    The only downside that I've noticed of not having the right click radial menu is that I haven't discovered how to attack or bash without breaking illusions.

For example, it was possible for the Nameless to attack and bash in the Mortuary in zombie illusion in vanilla.