Skip to content

When can we expect our Steam keys?

I had what I thought was a noble idea in fully supporting the developers and two copies of Planescape:Torment Enhanced Edition directly from Beamdog. The noble feeling quickly dropped to my stomach when I read that we had to wait to request our Steam keys until *after* release. Shaking my head, I waited and waited, biting my nails, and put the request in. Well, here it is now twelve hours after release and Steam keys are still nowhere to be found. Was I ever the fool in wanting to fully support our developers, yet preferring to play through the Steam platform?

Comments

• QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2017
    I put my request yesterday 20 hours ago to be looked at after release hoping I get to play the next day after coming back from work. Yeah, no.

I'd still support beamdog for the wonderful things they do. Just saying I'd rather not wait a week, in case of PS:T a single minute is already too long. :)
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Same here, my request is in but no key yet. When I start a new play through I might as well be working on some of those shiny new achievements.

@Beamdog any idea when we might be seeing these keys?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    FYI: when you open a saved game in the steam version of the game it will "back fill" any achievements gained in the save. So if you are worried about starting the gave with the Beamdog version and missing early game achievements it is a non-issue.

If you have other reason for waiting for steam keys, my guess it will take 2-3 days for support to process all the key requests (using SoD as my point of reference).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    First of all, thank you to all for acquiring PST:EE. The game was released only 14 hours ago.

There are a lot of requests coming in; we know that waiting can be frustrating, especially when you're excited to get into the game and start playing. Our support team is working hard to process requests as quickly as they can, but it may take up to a few days to process them all.

You indeed can play the game downloaded from Beamdog and then continue your save on Steam. The game will acknowledge any achievements gained in the save.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for the replies. The main reason that I prefer using Steam is that I'm able to keep track of my time spent in games using it. I purchased a third copy through GOG, but the last time I used Galaxy that option of keeping track of time wasn't available. Not sure now why I got the GOG one really, but, as you can see, I'm pretty excited about it. Apologies for being impatient and thank you again for the replies and ETA.

Edit: Received the Steam key at 10AM est. Thank you much again.
    Post edited by Jidokwon on
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Thanks for the info!
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Got them! For all the EE games at once. Saved you some time. :D
    Also thank you!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    A follow up on the "game will acknowledge any achievements gained in the save" part. I've got an additional information from the QA team.

We have double-checked, some achievements may trigger, others may not. We can't guarantee it as a feature in 100% cases.

But again, our support team is working hardly to go throug all the Steam key requests.