Skip to content

Look what I found

I was packing up my bookshelf today in anticipation of moving next month, and I came across these. I hadn't even remembered these. Talk about a blast from the past.

ArctodusronaldoVallmyrNightingaleAerakarThacoBellNuinBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovSunderCvijetaSkandiiThrasymachusStummvonBordwehrsarevok57deltagoislandkingAndreaColomboVithar

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Four schools of magic? Has anyone made a mod allowing wizards to add schools at higher levels?
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited April 2017
    Heh I guess I shouldn't be so surprised his last name has origins in D&D canon, Baldur's Gate was meant to be a love letter for gamers by gamers. There are dozens of subtle references to D&D happenings everywhere, from events mentioned offhand in item description/character histories to cameos and easter eggs.
    Aerakar
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Yes, the Odesseirons are a family of Red Wizards that croppwd up in a few books and game boxes. I think Spellbound, the 2nd ed. supplement, had some stuff, too.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I am guessing this is referring to actual specialization with the four schools? If so, it is not surprising as DM's, developers and the like always take a little leeway with NPC's,and IMO, makes things more interesting. Usually bothers the heck out of some Player characters though, hehheh. I used to do the same myself to keep 'em guessing.
    Ex. Oh well, there just zombies, turn invisible. Then the PC's start hearing the zombies following them calling out 'Brain!, Braaain! Fun days.

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @BillyYank where's the rest of your CE? ;)