Skip to content

100 point Stalker designed to continuously tempt me to...

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
BlackravenAerakar

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Clerics are probably the class that gain the least from high levels, so from a mechanics standpoint you're almost certainly better off remaining a Stalker. If that helps any. :)

Great roll, though! Solid exceptional strength to boot!
    [Deleted User]OrlonKronsteen
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2017
    Stalker-Cleric is the unsung hero of dual classing. DO IT. You even have the correct proficiency.
    WarChiefZekeKurona[Deleted User]
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited April 2017
    Looks like rangers are built for better rolls. Do rangers still get their Druid spells dualed into cleric in current version?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881

Looks like rangers are built for better rolls. Do rangers still get their Druid spells dualed into cleric in current version?

Only up to level 3. But you can enable the old behavior and give them all the Druid spells by editing your Baldur.lua file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Cleric Ranger Spells','1')Just replace the 1 with 0.
    islandking
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Stalker-Cleric is the unsung hero of dual classing. DO IT. You even have the correct proficiency.

explain plz.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881

explain plz.
    Fighter combat tables, Cleric buffs, backstab w/ quarterstaves.
    smeagolheart[Deleted User]Aerakar
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2017

explain plz.
    Assuming you dual at level 13 it's like Fighter/Cleric multiclass but with Hide in Shadow and x3 Backstab. You also get Haste, Prot. from n. Missiles and Minor Spell Deflection added to your priest(i.e. the one benefitting from all the extra spell slots from +6 Wisdom you'll get through the saga) spellbook at level 3. Oh and you get the first three levels of Druid spells too.

The Stalker armor limitation doesn't matter, the game loves to give studded leathers crazy enchantment levels(like +6) to make them almost equal to (full) plates.
    [Deleted User]NoobaccaAerakar
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    That is both a magnificent set of stats and a magnificent portrait! I say keep going as a Stalker, because it's just a cool class. Clerics do not take overlong to level up, so if you still wanted to dual into the class somewhere in late SoA, you wouldn't have too much downtime.

Incidentally, what is the artwork that you use for the BG interface? It looks awesome!
    Aerakar
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Incidentally, what is the artwork that you use for the BG interface? It looks awesome!

That's the Siege of Dragonspear UI.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

explain plz.
    Assuming you dual at level 13 it's like Fighter/Cleric multiclass but with Hide in Shadow and x3 Backstab. You also get Haste, Prot. from n. Missiles and Minor Spell Deflection added to your priest(i.e. the one benefitting from all the extra spell slots from +6 Wisdom you'll get through the saga) spellbook at level 3. Oh and you get the first three levels of Druid spells too.

The Stalker armor limitation doesn't matter, the game loves to give studded leathers crazy enchantment levels(like +6) to make them almost equal to (full) plates.
    Stalker>Clerics are the best Ranger>Cleric duals, no doubt. Not only are studded leathers almost as good as full plates in the long run, (though it's never as close as it looks, because full plates get crazy-good modifiers), but if you plan on sneaking you can't wear anything heavier than studded leather anyway. So the armor restriction is literally not even a restriction.

The problem for me is trading fighter HLAs for cleric HLAs, which is a definite step down. That, and the level 13 dual takes an awful long time to complete. Ranger/Cleric is one of those combos where I feel like the duals are just flat-out worse than the multi.

(Could be worse; I don't know if it was ever patched, but there was a bug with assigning proficiency points that made it so if you dualed an Archer to a Cleric and didn't waste a lot of proficiencies in the process, you wouldn't be able to level up past 19 as a Cleric.)
    Aerakar