Skip to content

Wish List

So what classic game do forum users want to see Beamdog overhaul for the 21st century? I know licenses and IP have a lot to do with it, but in an ideal world I'd love to see an Enhanced Edition of Jagged Alliance 2. No gameplay changes - just support for widescreen and modern resolutions and the ability to zoom in and out.

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Probably not exactly what you are asking for, but I would love to see somebody/anybody do something with

Dungeon Master.

The only game I have ever played that made me get up and check the house because I was so unsettled.

Still waiting for a game where when you kill a worm or rat you get to eat them, and corn, lots and lots of corn cobs.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The first Fallout games.

As an added trigger, have them "fix" the canon so it matches the canon of their latest games. Take that Codex!

With the IP squarely in Bethesda's hand, and them releasing crap like Fallout Shelter, I honestly think something like this is doable.
  • KrugosKrugos Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2017
    deltago said:

The first Fallout games.

This! :) I have never played those games (it's been forever on my list of things to do some day), an Enhanced Edition would be a great incentive to try them.

Also, Arcanum, that's another I've never played and would be happy to see an Enhanced Edition.

Edit: I didn't mention IWD2 as I was thinking non Infinity Engine games, but I can't wait for it to get the EE treatment, it will be great to see Beamdog complete the collection! :)
    Post edited by Krugos on
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited April 2017
    • Icewind Dale II
    • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
    In the exact same order. The Temple of Elemental Evil would also be an option. But since its fan community pretty much already established an "Enhanced Edition" on their own with the Temple+ engine, it probably wouldn't sell all that well if Beamdog did something similar.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    I'm not entirely sure about all of them, but I do know "I want to be protected from undead right now" summons six vampires.

Oh, wait, wrong thread. That'd be Limited Wish List.
  • SuperflySuperfly Member Posts: 3
    I'd love to see an enhanced original Fallout. I'm onr of the few people who like Fallout 1 better than 2. Another favorite that's not an RPG - Alpha Centauri. God, I loved that game. Beyond Earth didn't come close.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    The old Champions of Krynn series (or even better maybe, something made in the world of Krynn in BG style)

Well, it IS a wish list, hehheh.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I would definitely buy IWD2 ee. It is the very first IE game I played, and my introductory to D&D as a whole. I would pay gladly to play it on my Ipad. I think it is a waaay better game than IWD, too, like bg2 is to bg1, though I guess I am in the minority on that one.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Zaghoul said:

The old Champions of Krynn series (or even better maybe, something made in the world of Krynn in BG style)

Well, it IS a wish list, hehheh.

But a good idea. As long as it is takes place prior to Dragons of Summer Flame.

The Pool-Series would be great as well (but please do something to Silver Blades).

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Well, I'd like to play enhanced ID2. And Neverwinter Nights, because it's hard to look at this game.
    But I'd prefer Beamdog to create their own DnD game. :)
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    IWD2:EE to complete the infinity engine collection.

Not an RPG but i wish someone, somewhere, would do something with Warhammer: Dark Omen! I want to play it on a tablet!

And Warhammer: Dark Omen: Enhanced Edition sounds Epic! :smiley:
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    My wish list: no more EEs. Please give me a new D&D game using 5e rules.
  • KrugosKrugos Member Posts: 30
    As for non RPGs, I would love to see the Kyrandia series updated with beautiful 2d digital art (though I love the pixelated glory of the first two games, the third one was ugly) and modern standard resolutions and especially high quality versions of that wonderful music with real instruments. :)

Also Enhanced Editions of the first two X-Com games would be awesome.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Jane's Fleet Command

I used to play that game all the time, but it really needs an AI and UI overhaul.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Neverwinter Nights Enchanced Edition, preferably with a rule change to 3.5 rather than 3e.

Barring that, something with proper 5e rules. Not the Sword Coast Legends thing we got.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Fallout: EE would be worth it just for finally fixing the ammo modifiers bug.