Skip to content

SCS + Legacy of Bhaal (fighting an entire bandit camp in one confined space) Is it possible?

comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
The bandit camp fight with SCS + Legacy of Bhaal mode having to kill the entire bandit camp due to SCS 'call for help' or 'sound the alarm' making them not being able to picked off individually under any circumstance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XQrYgM5lU

After almost 2 hours of attempts and losing my soul from this fight nearly killing me IRL.

I can say that it is.

Skip to 1:19:00 for final completed attempt, if you wish.
Post edited by comebackhome on

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    My strategy here is always to engage the bandits from the south, near the small stone structures. There is a choke point here which is very important to make sure all the enemies are near each other.

At this point I spam Grease, Web, and Fireballs spells. LoB shouldn't make any difference but it should force you to use much more resources.

I advise you to get two Wands of Fire, one from the Ankheg nest and the other from the merchant in the Durlag area.

For this to work I always have at least two arcane caster in my party, level 5+, able to cast Web multiple times (usually Edwin+Baeloth), I also use a tank character which drinks two Potions of Fire resistance, one Potion of Freedom and others potions as needed, to allow him to get into the Web spells and to kill enemies unharmed from the fireballs while giving the party vision and drawing agro.

Good luck!
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2016
    Gotural said:

My strategy here is always to engage the bandits from the south, near the small stone structures. There is a choke point here which is very important to make sure all the enemies are near each other.

At this point I spam Grease, Web, and Fireballs spells. LoB shouldn't make any difference but it should force you to use much more resources.

I advise you to get two Wands of Fire, one from the Ankheg nest and the other from the merchant in the Durlag area.

For this to work I always have at least two arcane caster in my party, level 5+, able to cast Web multiple times (usually Edwin+Baeloth), I also use a tank character which drinks two Potions of Fire resistance, one Potion of Freedom and others potions as needed, to allow him to get into the Web spells and to kill enemies unharmed from the fireballs while giving the party vision and drawing agro.

Good luck!

Thanks, but as per my video that I linked, I already completed it :) (1:19:00 - end)That's basically the tactic that I used except with glyph of warding another a couple other AoE spells added into the mix but I didn't know about that chokepoint, so that's useful to know for future reference.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Sorry, I couldn't look at your video on my phone.
    Glad you managed to do it :smile:
    Feel free to watch it and compare to your methodology and/or give feedback :)
    I'm onto BG2 now after finishing up SoD - if anyones interesting me uploading more of the series let me know.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I maybe wrong but I remember during SCS installation there's a protection from normal missiles also protects magic arrows box, I checked that, but bandits' arrow of ice still penetrate that spell. :/
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Anyway, great to see more people begin their SCS+LoB journey, it is SUPER FUN! :#o:)
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    We have started a whole challenge using the LoB + SCS setting some time ago even though its solo only. Maybe you wanna take a look: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62202/the-free-for-all-lob-scs-solo-challenge/p1