Skip to content

What is the point of pre-ordering?

2»

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    From the sounds of things, this is a *much* smaller project in scope than anything Beamdog have done before - in essence they're just putting in the HDpatch and the bugfix fanpack, and letting Avellone do over some of the finicky grammatical/naming errors in the text.

So, hopefully, there shouldn't really be all that much to screw up lol. Whereas SoD was a brand new game, and BGEE 1-2 added a lot of content that can and did for a time break things (or will forever break things due to bg2's engine being slightly different from BG1's in the case of BG1) lol.

I have high hopes.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I like the idea that preordering causes bugs.
    Gallenger said:

From the sounds of things, this is a *much* smaller project in scope than anything Beamdog have done before - in essence they're just putting in the HDpatch and the bugfix fanpack, and letting Avellone do over some of the finicky grammatical/naming errors in the text.

So, hopefully, there shouldn't really be all that much to screw up lol. Whereas SoD was a brand new game, and BGEE 1-2 added a lot of content that can and did for a time break things (or will forever break things due to bg2's engine being slightly different from BG1's in the case of BG1) lol.

I have high hopes.

It actually sounds a bit bigger to me, because everything has to be ported from Planescape: Torment to PSTEE - scripting, spells, etc.

I think Trent Oster said something to this effect in an interview once.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    Pibaro said:

IWDEE PC version (FREE THANKS TO BEAMDOG)

Translator or betatester's privilege?

Post edited by rede9 on
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Planescape Torment.

The game where i wanted to play as Vhailor, but i was the Nameless One instead.

/puts Vhailor on party head.

/tries to find a way to dual class him to Mage. Oh wait that is impossible.

/rage
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    From a consumer point of view preordering hardly has a point. From a company point of view it's brilliant!
    One thing I appreciate about pre-ordering is that sometimes I have the money for a game before the game comes out, but I am not necessarily likely to have the money for the game when or after the game comes out.

Of course I still need to be careful about preordering because some games just aren't worth it. It's also often to tell how much harder before the game is released.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Luckily, last sunday was my birthday and my parents told me to ask for a gift. And that's how I met your Ps:T pre-order , kids. :)
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    rede9 said:

Pibaro said:

IWDEE PC version (FREE THANKS TO BEAMDOG)

Translator or betatester's privilege?
    I've got it. Translator's REWARD. Doesn't it?
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    It doesn't really matter to me, I was planning on getting it anyway.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440

I like the idea that preordering causes bugs.

That's, like, representative of my core philosophy.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184

Tim Horton's?
  • AlexeiPepersAlexeiPepers Member Posts: 23

Tim Horton's?
    Of course! We are a Canadian studio after all.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    edited April 2017

Of course! We are a Canadian studio after all.

So Canadian that while eating Tim Horton's jelly donuts you're drinking Elsinore Beer & wearing tuques? :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonXBiPY93s
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited April 2017
    There is always at least one tuque being worn in the office. at all times
    Post edited by SethDavis on