Skip to content

EEKeeper seems to be working for PST:EE

QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
edited April 2017 in PST:EE Mods
download link

Browsing the resources, opening saves, looking at your stuff. Modding on the go, if wanted.

Comments

• QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Item browser + console until you do. Noone can be bothered by looting Glabrezus in Undersigil. ;)
    Troodon80JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • Ryujin454Ryujin454 Member Posts: 1
    I can confirm it's doing some odd things. Editing stats stops character point allocation at level up (it's not even an option) as well as health regeneration. The scalpel you get in the Mortuary went from a quick slot to the wrist slot and inventory items were cleared out completely even though I never edited my inventory. I definitely wouldn't recommend using EEKeeper until it's updated. Awesome save editor, btw. I've been using it heavily the last couple weeks on a Baldur's Gate play through.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Troodon80 said:

You might be able to open certain things, certainly—the spell browser and item browser—but please don't use it to modify your save games until I get a chance to update it with the new inventory structure. :-)

Please let us know when it is ready ;)
  • EginnapusiffemaEginnapusiffema Member Posts: 2
    Troodon80 said:

You might be able to open certain things, certainly—the spell browser and item browser—but please don't use it to modify your save games until I get a chance to update it with the new inventory structure. :-)

I am even more demanding than the person above me. (Ho ho ho)

I want to know how much work it is, and when you have it planned to start working on it.
    (seriously, there is a four day weekend coming up, and i really need to find out what can change the nature of a man.)

I could live with the STAT Hexa adresses, and am willing to dig it out of the source code, but if full scale read/write support is right around the corner then i am not messing with anything.
    JaySee84
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Certainly need to be careful with editing save games right now. You don't want to put your eye out or anything!

Seriously though, TNO will lose his eyeball if you use EEKeeper. :tongue:
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    You can use Near Infinity to edit your saves in the meantime. ;)
    taclaneJuliusBorisovelminsterjackjack
  • marmartamarmarta Member Posts: 2
    I'd wish, but when I try to load baldur.gam I get an error :( (ArrayIndexOutOfBounds one, to be exact)
    @marmarta Can you attach the save in question as zip archive (whole "0000000123-SaveName" folder)? I'd like to look into it further.
  • marmartamarmarta Member Posts: 2
    Sure, thank you very much for investigating this :)
    edited April 2017
    I can load the test save perfectly fine on my system. There must be another reason why it failed.

Are you running the latest Near Infinity version (currently v2.1-20170413)?

The file appears to be a cloud save. I've never tested this feature myself. Where are cloud saves stored and are there any differences between normal saves and cloud saves?
  • jibberjabberjibberjabber Member Posts: 5
    How do you edit stats from your save game like STR, CON and WIS in Planescape Torment EE using Near Infinity?
    edited April 2017
    Character stats are somewhat hidden.

Select BALDUR.GAM of the save. Double-click on one of the "Party member" entries to open a new window. The first one will always be the protagonist. Scroll down and double-click on "CRE resource" to access the actual character data. Now scroll down quite a bit. You'll eventually see a lot of sound slot entries, a bit further below you will find the character stats. You can edit them by double-clicking on the fields or selecting them and pressing F2.
    marceror
    edited April 2017
    @argent77 Is there a reason why my nearinfinity says it cannot read the .gam files (brings an error and "null"? It reads everything else fine.

Vhailor, despite the level up screen saying otherwise, doesn't gain proficiencies in axe with level ups. Remains at ++
    Plus I don't even see the PST proficiencies in anyone's .cre files. There are just BG proficiencies.
    Make sure to use a recent version of Near Infinity (v2.1-20170412 or later). Earlier versions don't know about PST:EE yet. You can find the version in the "About Near Infinity" dialog (Help -> About Near Infinity).
    Queegontaclane
    Apparently my copy of nearinfinity dated back to 2005 and naturally worked for the copy of PS:T before EE. Dumb me and my old fart programs.
    taclanejackjack
  • jibberjabberjibberjabber Member Posts: 5
    argent77 said:

Select BALDUR.GAM of the save. Double-click on one of the "Party member" entries to open a new window. The first one will always be the protagonist. Scroll down and double-click on "CRE resource" to access the actual character data. Now scroll down quite a bit. You'll eventually see a lot of sound slot entries, a bit further below you will find the character stats. You can edit them by double-clicking on the fields or selecting them and pressing F2.

Thanks! This worked perfectly for me
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    argent77 said:

Make sure to use a recent version of Near Infinity (v2.1-20170412 or later). Earlier versions don't know about PST:EE yet. You can find the version in the "About Near Infinity" dialog (Help -> About Near Infinity).

I've the latest version ( from 2016, i guess) but apparently it doesn't consider area files or .gam files to be valid . It happens with games I bought from steam, could anyone help me?
    @DJKajuru
    Download here and try again, updated by argent 2 days ago

DJKajuru
    The most recent NI version is just a few days old. You can find the link in this topic. More recent NI versions also provide a feature to check for updates in regular intervals (see Help -> Update settings...).
    DJKajuru
  • wintrolwintrol Member Posts: 2
    argent77argent77 Posts: 1,596
    April 14 edited April 14

---

Hi argent77,

Everything is found, except I am unable to F2 or double click on anything and edit it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    argent77 said:

I figured there must be a way to get to these stats, but I hadn't discovered it yet. Danke.
    wintrol said:

Everything is found, except I am unable to F2 or double click on anything and edit it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Only the second column ("Value") is editable. Double-click on it or click on it and press F2. Not all fields can be edited in place though. In those cases you will find additional controls at the bottom part of the window when you select the respective line.
    wintrol
  • OrsalakOrsalak Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2017
    This isn't working for me either. I tried with both (v2.1-20170413) and (v2.1-20170416). For both I get an error that says "No Infinity Engine game found" when I select the BALDUR.GAM file. I tried creating a new save game to make sure it wasn't a bad file but had the same thing happen. It stops at "Loading BIFF resources...".
  • wintrolwintrol Member Posts: 2
    Thank you argent77, that did it. I can't believe I missed that.
    edited April 2017
    Orsalak said:

This isn't working for me either. I tried with both (v2.1-20170413) and (v2.1-20170416). For both I get an error that says "No Infinity Engine game found" when I select the BALDUR.GAM file. I tried creating a new save game to make sure it wasn't a bad file but had the same thing happen. It stops at "Loading BIFF resources...".

You can't open savegames directly in Near Infinity. First you have to open the game itself. Read more about it in the Near Infinity Wiki.

In a nutshell, navigate to the game's installation folder and select the "chitin.key" which you can find there to open the game. You can skip this action if you placed Near Infinity directly into the game's installation folder and started from there. Once the game has been opened you can navigate to the save in the resource tree on the left side of the main window.
  • OrsalakOrsalak Member Posts: 7
    That worked much better! I'll look over your above instructions tonight when I have more time, but I'm sure it will make sense from here.

Thanks!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    argent77 said:

The most recent NI version is just a few days old. You can find the link in this topic. More recent NI versions also provide a feature to check for updates in regular intervals (see Help -> Update settings...).

Thank you very much @argent77 ! It worked but unfornately I couldn't use it to change TNO's appearance to Dustman Disguise , I shall have to wait for a modder to find that out.
  • MizoodhMizoodh Member Posts: 1
    It's too bad that three years later, EE Keeper still messes around with level up and regeneration and no fix was made
  • filpanfilpan Member Posts: 34
    So, does EE keeper work alright if you dont change primary stats? I only want to edit spell slots per day for my mage. Will that mess up anything?