Skip to content

Will Anomen steal Aerie?

I've noticed in my BG2 runs, if I am romancing Aerie and Anomen is in the group, there will be occasional banter between them with her romance theme playing. One, IIRC, was about how beautiful the sunset was. I know Haer'Dalis will run off with her if you aren't careful, but does Anomen make a move on Aerie at some point? I want both in my party, but I don't want some pretentious knight running off with my girl.

Comments

• LughChulainnLughChulainn Member Posts: 14
    No? I don't think so.
    Baptor
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    No, there is no romance between Anomen and Aerie unless one is added by a mod. The thread title put a hilarious image in my head though.
    Baptor
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    There is no vanilla scenario wherein Anomen can interfere with the Aerie romance.

It's that tiefling bastard you need to be keeping an eye on...
    BaptorDaevelonThacoBell
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Purudaya said:

It's that tiefling bastard you need to be keeping an eye on...
    Hey now, I'm sure he...has an establishable...pedigree...?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I don't think romance music should start when Anomen/Aerie interacts with each other. Only when an npc starts a romance dialogue with the player should the music start. I think a normal romance dialogue happened between you and Aerie, and before the music ended, Anomen/Aerie interaction happened. Or maybe it was a bug.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    lunar said:

I don't think romance music should start when Anomen/Aerie interacts with each other. Only when an npc starts a romance dialogue with the player should the music start. I think a normal romance dialogue happened between you and Aerie, and before the music ended, Anomen/Aerie interaction happened. Or maybe it was a bug.

Quite possibly a bug. This was the release version and I did not have internet then so no patches.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Also its the Infinity Engine. There are *still* bugs from 16 years ago that pop up now and then that we don't know why they happen.
    Baptor
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    It is possible for Anomen to ruin your Aerie romance actually, but not in the way you would expect.
    If he fails his test, he'll eventually try to murder her. And NPC AI being what it is, unless you stop him, he'll likely succeed.
    Baptor
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Baptor said:

Funny story. This incident happened on my very first playthrough when the game first came out back in the late 90s. We were in Brynnlaw, so I calmly took Anomen aside and disintegrated him. My first Charname was a jealous guy. Fortunately though, we now had a free spot for Imoen! So it all worked out! Sort of.

I actually laughed out loud on the crowded subway over this wonderfully psychopathic overreaction from Charname.

Baptor