Skip to content

[MOD] Accurate Vhailor's Helm

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited April 2017 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey guys, now that I finally played Planescape: Torment I noticed how vastly inaccurate Vhailor's Helm from Deidre's bonus shop looks, so I decided to make a small mini-mod to fix that.

Just download the attached .zip folder and extract it into your BG2:EE override folder.

The art assets used in this mod are taken from official Planescape: Torment artworks
(with some touching up of course) namely these two images:

Screenshots

Read Me

--- Accurate Vhailor's Helm Mini-Mod --- 1. About 2. How to install/ uninstall 3. Credit _____________________________________________________ 1. About This mini-mod switches out a few graphics for the 'Vhailor's Helm' item in Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition (available at Deidre's store at the Adventurer's Mart) so that it actually resembles Vhailor's Helmet in Planescape: Torment. All changes in this mod are purely cosmetical, there are no changes as to how the item functions. _____________________________________________________ 2. How to install/ uninstall Just copy the files included in this mod into your Override folder within your game directory. The files in question are: BC_CHLM1.BAM, BC_HLM1.BAM and WA2HELM.ITM. To uninstall the mod just delete these three files again. _____________________________________________________ 3. Credit This mod was created by Buttercheese. If you have any questions or want to incorporate this mini-mod into another mod, please contact me via PM at https://forums.beamdog.com/profile/Buttercheese All additional art assets used in this mod are taken from official Planescape: Torment artworks and belong to Wizards of the Coast. This mod is a non-profit fan-project and may not be monetised in any way. Special thanks to Troodon80 for helping me troubleshoot this mod.
Enjoy :)
Post edited by Buttercheese on

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Well done

thought you tweaked it. Right now is sort of cheesy
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited April 2017
    Thank you :)
    The mod is meant to be purely cosmetical, but if someone wants to use it as a template for a any stat change mods,
    they are more than welcome to do so.

PS: If y'all know of any other items that could use this treatment, please leave a comment :smiley:
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited May 2017

PS: If y'all know of any other items that could use this treatment, please leave a comment :smiley:

Well, there is a number of Beamdog-created items that are unique and could use new art of their own but are instead recycling art from the original games. Armors such as Magma Bulwark (BG:EE), Dragonscale Armor (SoD), and Silver Dragon Scale (BGII:EE) come to mind, though there are many others. It would be quite an undertaking to make icons and B&W illustrations for all of them, but also certainly a pretty great addition to the games.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Buttercheese - Not sure whether any of these will pique your interest, but I figured I'd drop the hint over here just in case ;)

All items sold by the "special" vendors (Deidre and Joluv) are recycling art from other items in the game despite being pretty unique. Additionally, the Wand of Spell Striking and Wand of Wand of Cursing have exceptionally bad-looking icons compared to other wands and could benefit from an artistic rethink.