Skip to content

Watchers Keep - Resetting a Room?

Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
Have I missed something, I seem to be getting a weird bug where its showing as a dead magic room - Is this a change I've missed? I don't remember it being that way in the original? - Ignore this, apparently I was wrong, from what people are telling me, this room has always had a magic issue.

I've come up with another potential work around - But does anybody know how to reset the aggro of that room?
looking for a variable in SK right now
Post edited by Necroscope86 on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Which room was that again? At least one of the rooms on the third floor was always wild magic room, and I believe another floor was dead magic.
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    It's the first fiend room the one where if evil you get a quest to kill the other fiend?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    The room you get the task to retrieve the heart of the rival isn't a "problem" magic room.

First one to the west from the entrance, dead magic, kill the warring demons in there (or watch them kill each other and step in at the end).

Then west again, arrive in the room, all magic stripped because of the previous room. But then you can cast at will.
    You don't have to be evil to get the quest, just "not good".
    If you are good they attack after a bit of dialog (which is a problem because you arrive in the room with no prep, no buffs ect.)

If not good aligned, the easiest thing to do is agree to get the heart, convene in a corner, buff your party and summons, force attack if you want the XP.
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    Thank you @UnderstandMouseMagic - You've confirmed what I thought, the room wasnt supposed to be a problem Magic Room. I definitely had a bug there then. Thanks!
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Or get the heart of the Rival. Return with it. And then kill them all.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

If not good aligned, the easiest thing to do is agree to get the heart, convene in a corner, buff your party and summons, force attack if you want the XP.

As @fateless has already implied, it's actually much more lucrative to go along with the demon's quest first (and get the reward), then kill the demon and his minions afterwards.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    You running any mods @Necroscope86?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @fateless and @Gallowglass

You see, I never think to do this sort of thing, kind of in the zone, can't be so duplicitous.

Then I read tips here and kick myself, all these years never thought to do that, not once. It would be a BAD THING, somebody would know (who God only knows).

Next time Demons, I have been turned to the dark side.