Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Reloaded..

Has anybody played through the Neverwinter Nights mod?? Anybody have any thoughts on it?
mashedtatersgorgonzola

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Got a link? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    mashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/794/? Its a Neverwinter Nights 2 mod.
    mashedtatersislandking
  • cbarker15cbarker15 Member Posts: 38
    @Pteran Yeah it's a mod for neverwinter nights... not BG1.. but it recreates BG1 perfectly at least so far.. wondering if anyone has played it and how they compare it to BG1
    mashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Funnily enough, I was going to, but then the EEs were announced.
    mashedtaters
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I just bought nwn2 to celebrate my new shiny laptop.
    After pixelated bg2 graphics on Ipad2, it...looks...fabulous! The water shines/reflects, stars in the sky are so magical, and in combat I use the closest camera to see dodges, feints, blood and shiny ice crystals when I launch a frost ray. Definitely a huge upgrade and a feast for my eyes used to Infinity Engine. Only the inventory item icons are rather dull/bland and lifeless to me but the game is very much alive!

I also heard about the bg reloaded mod, and really wonder if anyone can comment how it is. I will play the nwn2 original campaigns and expansions first, ofcourse, but bg reloaded wil be the first mod I will try in the not so near future.
    mashedtaters
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I did a complete run of it several years ago and published it here with screenshots. Unfortunately, it's so buried in the past that I can't find it again.

I really enjoyed it at the time, but it was mostly a novelty. I never had any interest in playing it more than once. It was pretty well done, and I'd say it's definitely worth a playthrough if you have NWN2.
    gorgonzola
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think you mean an appropriate thread starting from this post :)
    gorgonzola
    edited October 2016
    @BelgarathMTH I just bought Neverwinter while I take a break from my EE playthrough... Camera is crazy hard to get used to.. Should I start with the BGR campaign before the others.. what made it only a one time thing? I read your original post and you seemed like you liked it alot... and should I play the icewind dale mod if you've tried that
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks for the link to the other post too.
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @JuliusBorisov , how in the world did you find that? You are truly the forum wizard. I'm amazed at your search skill.

@cbarker15, I'm not really sure why I only played it once. I guess I prefer the original BG or BG:EE for whatever reason. Playing it in the NWN2 engine was very interesting, but it does change the flavor of the game to a different quality. Based on my old posts, I was very excited by it at first, but the novelty wore off quickly after a single playthrough for me.

Also, I've changed computers since then, and it can be hard to get the mod working right - it has some stability issues, or at least the version I played back then did.
    JuliusBorisov
  • elmurdocelmurdoc Member Posts: 17
    Sorry to ask, but other than use a basilisk to kill a party member is there any other way to separate pair companions?

I mean i always kill khalid and dynaheir, because i like other npc like viconia or ajantis

Another thing i always play good, and because that some party like viconia leave, now in bg i just change her alignment this way she is always happy, can this exploit work here on BGR?

Thanks