Skip to content

Demon Knights at the Showdown with Sarevok

UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
Basically, where have they gone?

I'm playing I think 1.3 version and SCS.

I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine them, but three Demon Knights used to appear during the fight, flaming swords et all, but no longer. And I think they were triggered when you ran up the right hand side of the temple.

SCS means you have to kill all Sarevoks goons, they all turn into pretty tough skeletons after dying, and then you can kill Sarevok, rather than just killing him immediately.

Has SCS removed them or is my game kind of wearing out?

Edited to add

No traps either, anywhere.

Comments

• islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Seems a SCS behavior, no traps yes, didn't run to the right side :|
    AerakarBlackraven
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Probably SCS. There used to be traps or triggers that released Battle Horrors on the sides of the map, which I think are still there in vanilla. SCS removed most traps there, I think, because of the excellent cheese that is walking all over the traps with a Protection From Magic scroll active: you could get like 10 webs and Stinking clouds in the center of the temple, and even Sarevok's bound to fail a save to be immobilized eventually...
    AerakarBlackravenWise_Grimwald
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    It is SCS.
    Blackraven
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Thanks for all the replies, I thought perhaps something wasn't triggering properly.

Now I'm kind of dissappointed I never thought to try the scroll/webs/SC approach at least once just to watch and see. :D

I won't go back though because I like SCS has solved the problem of killing Sarevok too fast and the game ending before the fight feels really over.
    It used to be quite a challenge avoiding killing Sarevok at the same time keeping him occupied while running around looking for the other buggers to kill.
    islandking
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2017
    They were not Demon Knights. Demon Knight is the boss of Durlag's Tower, with powerwords and fireballs and all, really scary foe. The things that were triggered in the final fight with flaming swords were Doom guards or something like that. You can find them near the first bridge in Durlag's Tower first area.

And yes scs disables those traps, also the traps that release webs and cloudkills in the center are gone with scs too. The battle is hectic as it is with scs, those would have been a tad over-kill.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @lunar

If they are Doomguards, shouldn't they look like Haer Dalis and run around spouting poetry and calling you a sparrow/buzzard/nightjar ect.?

LOL, would certainly bring a different element to the fight, all that grim
    "I am the new God of Murder"
    countered by,
    "No you're not ducky"
    lunar
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Haer Dalis is not a Doom Guard. he's a Gloom Guard. Subtle difference.
    Aerakar
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Aren't they battle horrors?
    ThacoBell