Skip to content

Petrification XP

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
Are you supposed to get EXP for killing things with petrifying attacks? I have noticed that when I kill enemies by petrifying them I do not get any XP for it, be it when they become petrified or when I attack the statue... I have petrified things like thugs and black abishai with spells like Cromatic Orb (violet) and Ax of Torment. It seems like a bug that I get no XP for doing this. Is it a bug? Any PST veterans here who know how the vanilla game handled this?

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    No one knows this?
    I really can't remember, maybe because it wasn't easy to read all the floating text when you fight battles in the original PST or maybe because it was too many years ago.
    But if I have to pick one, I say No. Even in the original PST you get no xp for petrifying enemies.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    I seem to recall that CO in the original game was a useless spell because of this - at least once you got past a certain level. It becomes powerful, but you don't reap the benefits from it.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    CO always sucks once enemies become immune to it through saving throws.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Pretty sure that's by design. Those creatures aren't dead after all, and you could in theory de-petrify them.