Skip to content

regen potion working on rest like in classic BG2? work around?

Any work arounds for regen potion working on rest like in classic BG2?

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    You could try other methods of starting regeneration before resting. Cloak of the Sewers' Troll Form, for one. Using Charname's innate Draw Upon the Holy Might ability to reach 20 constitution turns on regeneration, as well, (assuming Charname isn't evil).

For other substitutes, it'd help to know what you're trying to do. For instance, is this a solo run (or other run without a Cleric) and you want a way to heal your characters without resting for 30 days?
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    I meant a mod fix for the regen potion effect not working while resting, don't want to use troll cloak
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    i'm fine on my solo assassin run with ring of gaxx but going to be doing a jester lob run
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    I could be wrong but it sounds a bit like he wants the potion to pause working until the rest is done so he doesn't use up it's uptime when he rests and it regenerates him after.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    fateless said:

I could be wrong but it sounds a bit like he wants the potion to pause working until the rest is done so he doesn't use up it's uptime when he rests and it regenerates him after.

Doesn't seem like there'd be many use cases for that behavior. You'd need to be somewhere safe enough to rest, but dangerous enough for you to engage enemies immediately after resting, and you'd need to not completely heal during resting to make it moot, and you'd need some compelling reason not to just drink it after resting.

The value of regeneration items while resting is their duration doesn't run out. Like, if there was a spell that said "regenerate 1 HP per round" that lasted for one round, it'd be virtually useless as it's just healing you one HP.

But under vanilla BG, if you triggered a rest while it was up, its duration wouldn't expire and it would continue ticking away and healing you 1 HP per round for your entire rest cycle, potentially hundreds of damage in total. Which for solo characters with no divine spells was the cheapest and easiest way to get a full heal, (the alternative largely being "drink a ton of healing potions").

You could do something similar by triggering DUHM right before resting to get your constitution to 20 and unlock innate regeneration which would last for your entire rest cycle.