Skip to content

my party selection advice

Running through my 1st SoD playthrough even though I've had it for a while(long story with pc issues) and after reading some threads and based on previous BG1 and BG1EE experience I thought of the following as my party and would like opinions.

1)Me Undead Hunter Paladin
2)minsc and boo of course
3)Jaheira
4)Corwin
5)glint
6)Dynaheir

Figure that gives me 2 1/2 tanks, 1 pincushion artist, 2 healers, 1 thief and 1 mage(though I'd prefer 2 mages but you can only take 6 npc's *shrugs*), all I think I need for a balanced party. What do you folks think? and if you chose this as well, how was your experience with them.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I went through the game with that party (except that my main was an inquisitor) and found it to be a strong group. Jaheira was a great frontline combatant once she gains access to the iron skins spell and Glint is vastly more useful than the other thieves in the game, having nearly as many thief points as single-class characters while also being able to handle healing and level drain.

I don't see a 1-mage party being best for BG2 due to the frequent need to counter mage buffs, but it works great in SoD.
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    cool! thnx for the response, i'll use that party then till bg2 where i too normally use 2 mages.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    The only thing I want to mention is that you pick up Jaheira somewhat later in SoD. The rest you can get right at the start in Baldur's Gate.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

The rest you can get right at the start in Baldur's Gate.

In order not to confuse new players, perhaps it's worth clarifying that not all of them are exactly "at the start", nor even "in Baldur's Gate". A couple of those mentioned are not recruitable until just after leaving Baldur's Gate.