Skip to content

Spin-Offs

Which characters from the BG universe do you think deserve a spin-off (in a game or other media), and what form would it take?

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    The city of Baldur's Gate herself, of course.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Xzar and Monteron as "The Odd Couple"
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Joneleth Irenicus could be good material for a tv-show or long series of relatively short games.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    "Who's the Boss?" starring Khalid as the king of a small nation and Jaheira as the CEO of the bard's guild
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    When Siege of Dragonspear first was announced I hoped that it would be more of a spin-off of the Bhaalspawn saga. Perhaps played from the perspective of another bhaalspawn. It could be a dark and tragic game where you realize that the prophecy isn't about you. And then you spend the game trying to leave some kind of impact on the world as your unavoidable and permanent death draws closer.

So I guess my answer is that "some random bhaalspawn" deserve a spin-off. That doesn't sound so good on its own though...
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    What about Teleporter Bhaalspawn Guy? Every time you enter combat you explode and end up somewhere else.
    dustbubsy said:

Hmm...that "Drizzt" guy who was killing gnolls west of Nashkel seemed like he had a story to tell.

Yeah, but it was "Eskimo Nell".
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Saervok, his whole story, from HIS point of view.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Zaghoul said:

I never realized how much I wanted this till now.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    ThacoBell said:

Zaghoul said:

I never realized how much I wanted this till now.
    @ThacoBell yeah, I can just picture being someone that started out working for him or one of his henchmen, and gaining insight into what he is really planning and then make the choice to help, hinder, or ulimatelly oppose like the normal CHARNAME ends up doing. But even without that, the dude has some serious motivation, esp. surviving in hell AND getting out again.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It's the common folk I want to see in spin-offs, not the overrated main cast.
    • Portalbendarwinden's bestseller: The ups and downs of being a hermit and how to deal with moody adventurers.
    • Rumar: Starring in Rumar's Life, now as moe-moe yandere love simulator Visual Novel in stores!
    • Oogie Wisham: The Silence of the Paladins, a blockbuster in-the-making.
    • Felonius Gist: The Love of Petrification. A detailed reference book which highlights new possibilities for artists to express themselves (and their models).
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited May 2017
    I can't think of anyone considered worthy of a spin-off, but if we went by their epilogues that I suppose you could build off of that.

The only possibility this could work as a spin-off prequel would definitely be Keldorn Firecam, Ajantis, and Anomen that shape up to become the warriors they are.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Why would you want a story about a douche :p
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Valygar deserves Assassin's Creed kind of game where you stalk around and assassinate evil mages while being broody and sexy.
    lroumen said:

Why would you want a story about a douche :p

Given how many people obsess over celebrities, I'd say it's a common condition.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2017
    I like the idea of a Beholder running a chat-show...
    "Pathetic manling, tell us about your new album before I vaporise your feeble spine."
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    "The illfated misadventures of Xan, Garrick and Neera"
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I didn't think of it that way.

What about inactive heroes like the Bentleys? I'm sure they would have stories to tell. You can even link the Bentleys back to the bhaalspawn story since the friendly arm Inn used to be a place of bhaal worship.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Let's be real, if there were to be games made that tell the story of almost every character in these games, I'd probably end up buying every last one of them.

A game detailing the life of Saemon Havarian? Here's $25.

One for Sarevok? Here's $25.

Oh, a game about that gnome who killed a bunch of kids whose name I forget? Here's $25.

What's this? I get to play as Lord Foreshadow? Here's $25.

Whoever created those games could easily take advantage of my lack of self-control, and I wouldn't complain in the slightest.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623