Skip to content

Bg2ee using shadow keeper and mods for android

jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
I know you can't use shadow keeper or mod from mobile I've googled and spent hours transfer files unzipping and so on.

I do not have a pc version of the game but I do know some people have used ee keeper on the pc by pulling files from there phone (Samsung s7)

If someone has the patience to help me out here I would be more then greatfull

I need to know how to do this step by step for ee keeper aswell as adding mods

I appreciate anyone's help

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi jtdroleplayer,

I am guessing from the transfering and unzipping files etc, you have already read the 'How to install mods on Android' (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43990/how-to-install-mods-on-android)... and you are only looking at setting up EEKeeper to support your transfered game? I am unsure of your skill set but seeing as how you have already transfered etc, I am guessing that you can find your way around the android folders and know where the game files (under data) and Obb files (under Obb) are. If this is a bad assumption, let me know...

The method I used to configure my android area was to copy and unzip BG1EE (and BG2EE) into my games drive (E:\) in accordance with the how-to. You can use what ever folder makes sense but this is what I used...

'E:\BG Android\BG1EE'.
    I then set up my save game area 'E:\BG Android\BG1EE Save'.

Installed EEKeeper into 'E:\BG Andoird\EEKeeper', setting up the locations above and using custom save. The vital entry of the eekeeper.ini is:

------------
    [BG1EE]
    Install Path = E:\BG Android\BG1EE\
    Save Directory = E:\BG Android\BG1EE Save\
    Language = lang\en_US\
    Custom Save Directory = true
    ------------

All going well, and as part of the testing, you should now be able to access BG1EE and edit, or at least see using EEKeeper, your saved game (without mods at this stage of course...)

Same prcedure works for BG2EE as well.

The How-to above will provide all the details for setting up your mods etc.

At this stage, my only need was to have BG Tweaks (remove cap, fixes, inventory stacking tweaks etc but I would think that it would all work well) and Wandcase.

I can't recall what it stated in the How-to, but when I was ready to create the mod, I created another directory 'E:\BG Android\BG1EE Mod' and copied over the 'lang\en_US\dialog.tlk' (keeping the file structure from \lang) and the 'override' folder to the mod folder (it makes it easy to zip). If you are adding other mods such as sound packs etc, you will also need to add some other directories...). For ease, I also copied my baldur.ini to this folder and made any edits to it (like Cleric Ranger Spells etc).

For my compressing and unpacking needs, I use WinRAR. Not sure how it works in other compression tools, but when you are ready to pack your mods for transfer to your device, make sure it is 'store' only when creating the file before hitting it with 'centralfix.exe'. Then just copy this to your android device where your baldur.ini file is.

When you have installed your mods etc on your android device, it is now just a case of transfering your saved game back and forth whenever you wish to modify the saved game...

Hope this helps. If you are more confused now than you were prior, let me know and I will see what more we can add.

Gus
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    Took some trial and error got it working. My only issue now is my character has no weapon pips once I'm done in ee keeper and can't assign any in ee keeper. I'm not trying to power game or anything just didn't want to play through bg1ee set exp to 161000 and according level and base of 92 stat roll plus the 8 extras I would have had through the tomes (92 since a 93 was my best roll I've ever had lol) it's a shame I can't get the pips working I really wanna play tonight lol
    Just tested mine and had no probs with pips. Have you tried just setting the stats & XP, then loading the game with the char at level 1 (make sure you adjust your HP back...)? When you said you couldn't set them through EEKeeper, what was occurring? Also, what type of char are you playing?
    Couldn't set individual pips like bgee offers it was legacy pips I am able to set.

First attempt at a kensai/mage yet to try it so figured why not
    My proficiency tab in ee keeper is completely blank
    By legacy pips, do you mean the original BG proficienies (Large Swords/Blunt Weapons etc)? If so, did you use any mods? BG Tweaks has an option to change the system used for weapon proficiencies back to original. What version of EEKeeper?
    Yup just bg original Version 1.0.3 and no mods I'm using ee keeper without a pc version. Using android and transferring files.
    @jtdroleplayer, I am hoping that the v1.03 is for EEKeeper..., if so, try and update to 1.036 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/files/). You can safely update to v1.032 if you want as it also works without probs (that I found) on BG2EE 1.3.2064.

If I could just check the procedure you are using (assuming it is a Multiclass as opposed to a Dual class) as well as versions of software etc...:
    - create a new game on BG2EE (v1.3.2064?) using a Fighter/Mage as CHARNAME (Does it have all the right proficiencies on starting new game?)
    - Copy the complete save folder (000000006-CHARNAME) to the saved folder created on the PC
    - Open the saved game using EEKeeper (v1.036)
    (At this stage you should be able to view the Proficiencies Tab to see if all is as ot should be)
    - Using the Abilities Tab, adjust Stats and XP
    - Using the Characteristics Tab, select the kit Kensai
    - Using the Proficiencies Tab, select the proficiencies
    - Using the Effects Tab, add the Kensai kit to the appropriate level. You could also try reducing the levels down to level zero but you would also need to reduce HP and look at the impact of Mage spells etc...
    - Save game and copy edited save to android device.
    - Load and adventure on...

Try a new game using just a fighter as the CHARNAME and see what happens.

Also, any chance you could package and upload your saved game so I could have a look?

Luck +2
    Gus
    I started by creating a kensai single class to duel to mage at 13 in bg2ee placing pips in katana and duel wield. So it initially had the 89k exp if I'm not mistaken. Waited for the imoen intro saved game then transferred my file to my pc pathed ee keeper (v1.0.3) to the file opened it and went on to editing. Gave myself 161k exp and lvl 8 kensai added a roll of 92 and the 8 extra stats I would have gotten from bgee if I played through then went to proficincies tab and it was completely blank the points I placed at creation were not appearing. At the very end I forget what the tab was called but I found the legacy pips so gave my self 5 in small swords and 5 in large swords npt sure what a katana falls unfdrr and there is no duel wield which isn't a bad thing necessarily I can put 3 pips in later on when I gain levels but something seems off forsure.

I can definitely package it up and send it. I'm assuming I'll have to zip it all up nice and need. Will u need just my save game file?

I'm at work currently on night shift can send it tomorrow evening
    No probs on the timing... Yes for the saved game only. Could you also package in the unmodded saved game?

There wasn't any need to modify the level as you will level up as soon as you as you load the game.
    Just on lunch break I live a block away ran home and took this pic if it helps at all really don't understand why I can select proficincies

Well I guess that would solve my pip problem setting level to zero and just adding exp I'll be ablenro assign my pips
    Looking into a few more things before heading back to work. My kit tab in characteristics in blank can't change anything as Is My class and race. All completely empty
    Do i need the baldur.ini filenornjist the main and patch file

Could be my problem I haven't once the Baldur.ini file from my phone yet
    edited May 2017
    @jtdroleplayer, From the look of it, I am guessing that there is a setup/config problem and I would restart from scratch... I have tried playing around with my system to get the same look that you have by deleting files/folders, incorrect entries in eekeeper.ini etc but can't match it...

Can we start from scratch again?

I will use BG2EE to setup (I have v1.3.2064 on my Samsung Tab S. Is this the same version on the S7 ?) and place it on your C Drive (not sure how many drives you have).

1. Delete everything we have done earlier...

2. Create the following folder structure
    C:\BG Android
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\Save
    C:\BG Android\EEKeeper 1.036

3. Unpack main.206.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb into C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 making sure the folder structure remains the same. (this may be called main.200.com... depending on which processor is in your android deivce - S7 has Exynos which is the same as my Tab S which uses 206)

4. Unpack patch.200.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition.obb into C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064
    maintaining the folder structure.

- You should now have the following folders
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\data
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\lang
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\movies
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\music
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\scripts
    and chitin.key should be in the root of C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064

This should be about 2.4 GB in size and 1190 files \ 109 folders unmodded when checking the properties.

5. Download a new version of EEKeeper 1.036 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/files/ and unpack into C:\BG Android\EEKeeper 1.036. There should only the lang folder underneath along with bgEEEffects.dat and EEKeeper.exe.

6. Configure EEKeeper 1.036 to the folders and use custom directory. The following entries should be in the eekeeper.ini:

----------------------------------
    [BG2EE]
    Install Path = C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064\
    Save Directory = C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\save\
    Language = lang\en_US\
    Custom Save Directory = true
    ----------------------------------

and it should load all libraries on start (without errors)

7. Create new game for CHARNAME (delete the old one) on your S7 (I am guessing that the game allows you to assign the appropriate proficiencies etc) and copy the new saved game over to the PC into C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\Save

You should end up with something like
    C:\BG Android\BG2EE 2064 Save\Save\000000004-Gus
    with the contents of the saved game in that directory (baldur.gam, baldur.sav and a couple of .bmp)

8. Run EEKeeper and open the saved game and it should show all the tabs ready for editing.

I have just done all this while typing it out (to make sure I didn't miss any steps) and am able to edit a saved game having a human kensai with 18 in all stats (just to test you understand ;) ), 161k XP, added a 5 proficiency points into Katana, Mace and 3 pips in Two-Weapon Style.

I also saved an additional edit of the game where I added 1250001 XP and was able to dual class to mage after levelling up to kensai 13 in game.

Hope all this makes sense and works out. We can work on modding the game when this is good.

Roll a natural 20
    Gus

Edit: no need to have baldur.ini on the PC yet unless you want to edit it as well (this will come later when modding)

I didn't have all the right files together I got everything working perfectly :)
    Excellent, happy days! Try not to play too much at work.
    I'm the boss I can't get away with it haha