Skip to content

Bug: Can't enter Copper Coronet after returning from WK (killed some of the monsters in Level 3)

sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
I am in Chapter 2, and completed most of the major quests and the 2nd Level of Watcher's Keep. I have the recommended mods for BG2EE + Keeping Yoshimo installed, and after returning from Watcher's Keep (cleared some areas of Level 3) , I am suddenly unable to enter CC. my older savegame actually works, but I don't want to replay from the older savegame as WK Level 3 (especially the demons!) is very hard for my current party level.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hard to say, but it's possible a mod is interfering with the area, or your save may have become corrupted. If you are familiar with NearInfinity you could make an extra save and see if there is anything obviously wrong with the area AR0406.

You could potentially extract the area from the working save, and import it to the new copy save. Or zip and attach both saves here (at the 000000nnnnn-savename level) & I'll see what I can do.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2017
    @Gate70

Many thanks. I have the mod "Assassinations" that affects Bernard of the CC. Note: Sphere is the one which works and Quicksave is my latest save. I suspect it has become corrupted as I had no issues prior to going to WK, as in "Sphere". A mod may have affected the WK area, as there was a time that I could not travel to WK and ended up having to reload an older save

Here is my weidu.log just incase it helps. I have just installed CD Tweaks yesterday
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~ASSASSINATIONS/SETUP-ASSASSINATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assassinations mod for Baldur's Gate II: v11
    ~BACKBRYNNLAW/SETUP-BACKBRYNNLAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Back to Brynnlaw mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~SELLSWORDS/SETUP-SELLSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Sellswords mod for Baldur's Gate II: v5
    ~ISNF/ISNF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: I Shall Never Forget
    ~C#SOLAUFEIN/SETUP-C#SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #1 #0 // Solaufein's Rescue: Jastey's Solaufein NPC for BGII: Alpha_170223
    ~C#SOLAUFEIN/SETUP-C#SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #1 #1 // Give Solaufein in Ust Natha the Mod's Portrait: Alpha_170223
    ~7C-YOSHI/7C-YOSHI.TP2~ #0 #5 // Keeping Yoshimo after Spellhold: v0.96 b
    ~WANDCASE/WANDCASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wand Case: v1.3
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2035 // Two-Handed Axes: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3092 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 80: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3102 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 80: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3111 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 40: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3191 // Disable Non-Hostile Rest Spawns: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Beta 5
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: Beta 5
    Try this @sansserif it loads up for me on a standard game.

& yes the area looked borked - no actors, containers, entrances, etc. There might be a few discrepancies, e.g. if you'd bought/sold anything since the earlier save the store won't reflect that.
    You said you installed CD Tweaks yesterday but haven't said when you started this character playthrough. Never, ever, add or remove a mod mid game unless you are prepared to run into game breaking issues and potentially have that playthrough unusable.

Thanks
    edited May 2017
    Gate70 said:

You said you installed CD Tweaks yesterday but haven't said when you started this character playthrough. Never, ever, add or remove a mod mid game unless you are prepared to run into game breaking issues and potentially have that playthrough unusable.

Thanks

I started the game a week ago with all the mods referred to above plus BG2 Tweaks installed prior to playing. I uninstalled BG2 tweaks thinking it caused the issue, and installed CD Tweaks, but it didn't fix the issue.

I'll try and see :smile:

Edit: I think I did install the BG2 Tweaks halfway but one component: to remove experience cap. what should I do?
    Gate70 said:

Thanks

working so far. thank you. hopefully its the only issue, otherwise i'd have to start a new game, I suppose