Skip to content

montaron and xzar

darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
Is there a mod to make it so I can have Montaron and Xzar in bg2ee? Xzar having complete amnesia that we were best friends in bg1 and not being able to recruit him again always ruined the game for me.
lolien

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I have a vague memory, that one of the mega-modification contains this too, but i can't find it now. @dockaboomski was working on a mod, what do this, maybe it's worthy to ask him, how he fare with it.
    dockaboomskiJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    lolien said:

I have a vague memory, that one of the mega-modification contains this too, but i can't find it now. @dockaboomski was working on a mod, what do this, maybe it's worthy to ask him, how he fare with it.

Yeah...I kinda have to figure out how to mod first. And then find the time.

So...*casts invisibility*
    lolienjackjack
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    The Darkest Day. I never played it. I read it's one of the oldest mods. I like their idea. After Xzar is killed and the harpers leave then Xzar warps back and reveals the Xzar who was killed was only an illusion and then you break into the harper's compound and save the real Montaron or something like that. I'm gonna copy that idea.

I really would have been okay with Xzar just not being in bg2 at all but taking my best friends in bg1 and doing that to them was a crime. I can't live through that again. That b.s. was non-canon. I don't care what anyone says.
    lolienjackjack
    I'm still totally going to do this. Unless someone else already has.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2017
    AFAIK, The Darkest Day is an old mod and it's kind of buggy without proper fix, so i will say just go for doing a new one on Xzar and Montaron. Looking forward to it!
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    edited May 2017
    Try using http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=25302

by Smiling Imp. It can add a lot of other BG1 NPCs as well and you can can pick and choose which at install. I currently use it in BG2. The Kagain store section is a tough to get working as is Gaining Tiax.
    Mantis37
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Blades, is the above file EE compatible?
    I installed it in my last run into EE and had no issues. Monty and Xzar were the reason I added it.
    Does it have a webpage? I can't find a readme in the download. I mean does it do something to get rid of the god awful xzar / harper scene. Like it fixes the story?
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    @Blades Did you get all the components of this mod to install? Seems to me that the ToB part wont install on EE neither Skie, Branwen etc part.

Does it have a webpage? I can't find a readme in the download. I mean does it do something to get rid of the god awful xzar / harper scene. Like it fixes the story?

It doesn't change the Harper quest. It makes them available immediately after the Harper assassin does his dirty work.

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited May 2017
    Quest Pack alters Xzar/ Monty's story, but no NPCs.

Smiling Imp's mod is funny but I've never tried it on EE. Forum:

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=XzUQa0L7zrhy2H6D5q0rc3&board=133.0
    edited May 2017
    Okay I think I installed the montaron and xzar part on linux. Looks like I could use either the windows weidu through wine or the linux weidu. Either one installs the xzar part but i tried to install the part with Branwen and I got this error:

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3' Resource [BYESLI.DLG] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

Any guesses?
    Post edited by darksaurian on