Skip to content

Fael not appearing at Umar inn (spoiler)

SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
edited December 2013 in Troubleshooting
Hi,
in my current evil walkthrough I want to go for the human flesh leather armor for Hexxat. Unfortunately Fael the trader who is the next link in the quest chain is not appearing at Umar Inn (day and night checked, inside and outside). I assume it's not a bug and he doesn't appear because I did the skinner quest in Trademeet - though with googling I haven't found an indication that it would break the quest. I have the tanner letter in my inventory.

Any pointers? Can I make him spawn via console? I don't play evil a lot and would hate to miss out on one of the "highlights" of an evil party... :)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    HAIL, I think it is a bug, if you've do not have the letter (Tanner's Letter) you won't be able to tell him to craft the suit, (I've done this quests very few times, since my gameplay style are solo runs and leather armors sucks, even +5 +20 MR and +4 Saving throws), still, I have grand mastery in the vanilla, and he is there for the whole game, well, almost.

Until you kill him when retrieving the armor.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Doing the Skindancer quest in Trademeet won't break this quest, so it's probably a bugged spawn.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Ok, thanks, I will then console myself the armor after the underdark and killing Adalon.
  • Armanz92Armanz92 Member Posts: 53
    Can you console Fael himself? Because he hasn't shown up yet. I might've not had the Tanner's letter but after consoling the letter he still doesn't show up.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try this @Armanz92
    C:Eval('CreateCreature("TANALLY1",[3496.2860],S)')

Alternately, check his variables
    C:GetGlobal("CreateFaelMerchant","GLOBAL");C:GetGlobal("PlaceFaelOnce","AR1100")

& reset them as below if required.
    C:SetGlobal("CreateFaelMerchant","GLOBAL",1);C:SetGlobal("PlaceFaelOnce","AR1100",0)
  • Armanz92Armanz92 Member Posts: 53
    Thank you very much, creating Fael was enough and I was able to finish the quest properly.