Skip to content

favourite cleric

jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
Please state why if you care to, e.g. Torm for storm shield or Lathander for good alignment.

For me it's Lathander for the alignment tho I would also pick them for Lathander's Boon if alignment was not an issue.
  1. favourite cleric15 votes
    1. Lathander
      66.67%
    2. Helm
      33.33%
    3. Torm
        0.00%
    4. Pure class
        0.00%

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Hold undead is useful on occasion and Boon of Lathander is nice. I usually take Keldorn so Helm bonus isn't as useful for me.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    As a true APR addict, there's one that stands out. To be frank though, I have still never played a pure cleric in a longer run. The few I've created didn't make it far, playing a religious person just doesn't work for me.
    Also I think the 2ed version of a cleric is stuck in between battle and magic prowess that make it too weak in both and not a good enough hybrid either. The lack of APR and the long casting times makes cleric the class I prioritize lowest. The Lathander kit off-set some of this, but otherwise the only cleric I play are 'pure' clerics since they are part of a MC.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Played a LN Priest of Helm once and really enjoyed it. True Sight is a fantastic perk and their Sword of Seeking can be situationally useful.

Also, I found the alignment surprisingly enjoyable to play... I rp'd him as an intolerant hard-ass, turning down opportunities for profit and mercilessly dispatching the unrighteous. It was an interesting new challenge.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Bah, Clickbait title. I come charging in here to click "Viconia". :smiley:

Should be favorite Cleric deity (And Talos for third option, not Torm?).
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    True, Talos should be the third option, and now there is Tyr (and Tempus in iwdee).
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Priest of Helm dualled into a thief at level 9 is a ton of fun to play. 3× level 5 spells with 21 wisdom after the tomes, good hp, good defensive and offensive buffs... In conjunction with the thief skillset, there isn't much you can't do. Need to take down melee grunts fast ? Boost up, pop in Seeking Sword, haste yourself, start with a backstab and clean up the rest with your 4 APR with solid thac0, all that while wearing a shield, mind you. Had a ton of fun with this build.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I was that close of typing 'Tiax' as my favourite cleric... but then I saw the thread was about the kits rather than the cleric NPC's. Phew~

I am physically and mentally not able to endure having a frolocking, hyperactive deity for my characters. Lathander is right out of the picture for me. :p

For the Baldur's Gate franchise I am particularly fond of Talos. It is nice to have an evil nature deity like him in the base game with a fancy stronghold. Then again, I always was very fond of the Deities of Fury. Gotta love Auril, Umberlee and Malar as well. The Priest of Talos also has shockingly good abilities. No pun intended.

In Icewind Dale EE my first choice falls to the Priest of Tempus. Ice, snow, orcs and barbarians. It's just so difficult to let a fitting oppurtunity like that pass. Especially when playing half-orcs. ;)

It becomes more difficult for me to choose a favourite cleric in Icewind Dale 2 though. Both Stormlord of Talos and Battleguard of Tempus are there. As well as Dreadmaser of Bane. But in the end I'm strangely graviting towards Silverstar of Selune. But just like like in IwD:EE, I'd choose the Icepriest(ess) of Auril in an heartbeat if it were available.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Lathander gels better with me morals wise.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Talos. Not really a powergaming choice but lightning bolts are a good addition to the cleric's arsenal and their spin on stronghold quests is the most entertaining evil the game offers. Lanthander's version is just basic goody-two-shoes behavior and Helm's makes you into a clone of Ajantis obsessed with duty.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    The recently added Cleric of Tyr is missing. I would vote "Tyr" if I could. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Would be Talos for the ones in game, I like storms and a lil bit of chaos every now and again, plain and simple.

Now put me a lil bit of Urdlen with cleric's having his Freddy Kruegar claw bracer on the choice list Id be getting out my nasty lil gnome cleric/thief again though (or Yurtrus in the orc world, already got stuff tailor made for him in the game, maces and human flesh armor). Hmmm, I tend to the dark and or a little bit unhinged I think.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Multiclassed. :)