Skip to content

Yahtzee reviews recent game remasters

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
Beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nihv0BBqOl8

Skip to the part about PS:T: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nihv0BBqOl8&t=3m26s

He's not a fan of games with words.
sarevok57

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    It's such a dull excuse really>_>

I don't watch Zero punctuation regularly anymore, but he just went banged on about Lucasarts titles AGAIN. If he wasn't going to make an effort, I don't think he should have mentioned it at all imo.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I mean, it's Yahtzee. He doesn't get paid to like things.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2017
    Yeah it's just entertainment, but he didn't even rip into it for laughs=P

And it feels like he's had so many love letters to old Lucasarts classics from before.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I haven't watched the Zero Punctuation series for 2 years or so, but I recall him being better than this. The EE deserves so much more than a non-review. I mean, in the past he did give favourable reviews for games, while still balancing them with humour.

I accept he's being honest about not being able to get far with the game, but isn't the point of being a reviewer to battle through games you don't like, to give them a fair chance? To put it another way, if he'd given all the bad games he rips into the same cursory treatment as he did Planescape, many of his videos wouldn't exist!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    he always made it clear that he is not a huge fan of rpgs. which makes me wonder why he even bothers reviewing them. it's like a guy that hates nintendo reviewing a zelda game.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    His reviews of The Witcher 1 & 2 were hilarious and he absolutely hated both of those, and also admitted to not finishing them. Zero Punctuation is at it's best when Yahtzee is really annoyed with something.

Actually as far as ZP reviews go his Planescape one was fairly positive, in that he clearly didn't hate the game with any real passion. He merely personally disliked it and couldn't get into it.
    sarevok57
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Of all the Zero Punctuation reviews I've seen, Arkham Asylum and Portal are the only games I remember him actually liking.