Skip to content

Room for new content in BG - where?

2»

Comments

• KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    I've read about the false door on the stronghold..does anyone have a map of the early area that has the door?
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    IMO something MUST be done with that Xvart village and with the Xvarts in general.

AAAAATTTAAAAAACCCKKKK!!!!

Jesus, why? WHY? You are not that stupid, you know that you stand no chance. You can only hit me once every ten years. You are totaly worthless 15 xp, pffff.... Get lost you little morons!! Why you just can't say:
    "Oh, hi! We are little blue Xvarts and this is our village. We are peace loving completely harmless little cannibals and we are totaly worthless 15 xp each, pffff...Please ser adventurer leave us alone and don't kill us all, please, pretty please!!!" ?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @inkal Hah,yeah. Well you know sometimes the littlest dogs often bark too much at the big dogs. :)
    I do enjoy a few parts in the game where humanoids do not immediately attack, not many but a few, esp. the goblins in camp with one of the newer NPC's.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kaliesto said:

I've read about the false door on the stronghold..does anyone have a map of the early area that has the door?

Sorry, what are you referring to?
    lolien
    edited May 2017
    @elminster @Kaliesto Gnoll stronghold I'm guessing as we mentioned it above.

EDITED
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Zaghoul said:

@elminster @Kaliesto Gnoll stronghold I'm guessing as we mentioned it above.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40705/did-you-actually-know/p23 for @elminster map

Yea I figured as much but I wanted to confirm that (namely given its my post likely involved).
    edited May 2017
    @elminster I thought perhaps you might have ;) , sorry, just jumpin in there. :) After reading various posts on the topic of the gnoll stronghold, I gathered that there were possible plans for a lower level and even a modding interest involved but it just never took off.

EDITED

Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Zaghoul said:

@elminster I thought perhaps you might have ;) , sorry, just jumpin in there. :) After reading various posts on the topic of that door, I gathered that there were possible plans and maps and even a modding interest involved but it just never took off. I remember looking for it again quite a while back.

It's been so long ago now I can't remember what update removed it, might even have been v1.3 or thereabouts.

There's no update that removed it. It doesn't exist.
    Zaghoul
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    There are two caves near the one with the goodies in it. There is nothing in them worthy of great interest, so why not just have a completely new area available when you enter one of those caves?
    @elminster Well that's cleared THAT up then. Guess I'm eatin crow tonight. :(
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Re my suggestion that modders use some of the vast unused areas of the bonehill mod, with the writers permission, I have just realised that the mod isn't in the list of mods compatible with EE. :( That is a shame. I like the mod. It just needs a bit more going on. I guess the writers had ideas of populating it themselves but have never got around to it. I do hope that they or somebody else makes it compatible.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Hey, I like the idea about those caves under the Gnoll Stronghold, there is a lot of modding potential for that.

I think it would be a good candidate for something "aquatic" since the stronghold is close to the ocean. Maybe have those caves lead to some beach where you can find some pirate booty.

or something else entirely.

Maybe a slime infested cave? There is not enough slimes in baldur's gate.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Kaliesto said:

you can find some pirate booty.

Phrasing!
    Kaliesto said:

There is not enough slimes in baldur's gate.

Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore? 'Cause I, like, never got the memo.

#archer