Skip to content

Rerollitis can't get past underbark

Beet the game tonnes and currently can't get through underbark without getting bored and re rolling a character in getting awfully sick of the the first few chapters but never happy with a character after a few days of gameplay

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Well it's not entirely obvious what help you desire.

All I can suggest is to take a break for a few months ... Go play some IWDee or PsTee! Your appetite for BG may be refreshed by a period of abstinence.
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Pick a romance or a party combination you haven't done before. Might make it easier to finish.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Try soloing or try to increase the difficulty level or both.

Perhaps you do this already, but if not then try to totally role-play a character and make game-play decisions based on what the character would do and not based on meta knowledge or what is optimal game wise. This is much harder than it sounds, at least it is for me.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Rerollitis (also known as Restartitis) is a chronic condition, my friend. The others have provided great advice. The only thing I'd add is that you might try installing some mods to make the game feel fresher. You can try NPC mods, rule-changing mods (e.g. Rogue Re-balancing) or difficulty mods like SCS. I'm not really into mods myself (other than a few tweaks), but others on here swear by them.

Personally, I try to create a character/character concept I'll really get into. To me that means spending a lot of time imagining the character's upbringing, background and motivations while rolling. It also means really slowing down my game. It's hard because I get in the meta-habit of rushing through areas - click, click, click - and b-lining for items, quests, etc. An hour or two of that and the character concept I had, along with the theme and aesthetic of my run, will have evaporated. So I try to slow down and start from the beginning in Candlekeep, where I'm ambushed in the Priests' Quarters. I concentrate on the urgency of my flight from there, and the rage/sorrow I feel after the ambush with Gorion. From there I take each screen slowly, examining my feelings and motivations for all my decisions and avoiding the temptation to use meta knowledge. This helped me complete a whole run recently (minus SOD) right through TOB.
    jtdroleplayerJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    Great idea. I would love to mod but I'm on android and can't get the few that are compatible working unfortunately