Skip to content

A little questions about Kit&items mod

NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
I have a kit mod (whic contain some new items in it)that I want to edit it. Should I edit it before or after I install it.

Is weidu needed?

Thank in advance

Comments

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    I'd personally edit it before installation, then edit it if it doesn't come out right after installation.

It is, in fact, what I'm doing with IR. At the moment I'm going through tweaking the items one by one, deciding whether to go with vanilla, unaltered IR, or something different. And I suspect that I'm not going to like parts of its rules rebalancing, but I want most of it, so I'll have to use them and go back in and correct some things by hand. I'm not good enough about Weidu to decipher what it's going to do about weapon speed on enchantment levels.

Near as I can tell, all you really need is a major editor like Near Infinity or DLTCEP and a good text editor like Notepad++. I use all 3+EEKeeper simultaneously. EEKeeper is quick for looking up resources (and editing save games), NI is good for looking AT the resources, I prefer using DLTCEP for editing the external (mod) files, it seems to give more documentation when I'm adding opcodes, but I do like NI since everything is THERE. Notepad++ for editing all the .2da, .d, .tra, .tp2, .tpa files and anything else that'll pull up in it.
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27

I'd personally edit it before installation, then edit it if it doesn't come out right after installation.

It is, in fact, what I'm doing with IR. At the moment I'm going through tweaking the items one by one, deciding whether to go with vanilla, unaltered IR, or something different. And I suspect that I'm not going to like parts of its rules rebalancing, but I want most of it, so I'll have to use them and go back in and correct some things by hand. I'm not good enough about Weidu to decipher what it's going to do about weapon speed on enchantment levels.

Near as I can tell, all you really need is a major editor like Near Infinity or DLTCEP and a good text editor like Notepad++. I use all 3+EEKeeper simultaneously. EEKeeper is quick for looking up resources (and editing save games), NI is good for looking AT the resources, I prefer using DLTCEP for editing the external (mod) files, it seems to give more documentation when I'm adding opcodes, but I do like NI since everything is THERE. Notepad++ for editing all the .2da, .d, .tra, .tp2, .tpa files and anything else that'll pull up in it.

Thank you a lot bro