Skip to content

Lionheart

SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
Found my old hard copies and did a fresh install yesterday. Now I remember why I never did finish the game back in day, heh..

Anyone played it all the way through?

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited May 2017
    Oh dear. That game was such a huge disappointment.

I loved the first two chapters, they were very effective at presenting the different factions and gave a lot of RP possibilities, including non-combat resolution. Then as soon as you dredge through this horrible undead-infested crypt and meet Jeanne d'Arc the whole thing becomes an awful slog and you spend the rest of the game killing armies and watching the plot commit suicide.

It's like Bloodlines but worse. Imagine if Bloodlines stopped being good after Santa Monica and you spent the rest of the game doing crawls in the Hollywood sewers, preferably as a Ventrue.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited May 2017
    For all its faults I still liked this title. I mean, no other game managed to pull off goblins quite as interesting as Lionheart. But I also have to agree that the game would have been so much better if they didn't focused on the hack 'n slash action within its latter half.

For what's worth, I'd buy Lionheart:EE in an heartbeat. If only for the rebalancing prospects. :frowning:
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    It's latter half? :) I went down to the sewers in the port district fairly soon after reaching Barcelona and those maps alone with the thieves, wererats and lower dungeon level undead, took hours to clean out, heh.. Since battle is so unforgiving I had to kite quite a bit to not be over-run by larger swarms of undead.

I remember before the game came out, me and a friend sat over phone, playing the demo over and over again, min-maxing our characters to prepare for the release of the game. The game itself isn't bad, but it just isn't at all up my alley.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    It's only half finished, the back portion is nothing but a tacked on dungeon crawl. There are SO many titles from the golden-age of CRPGs which were sabotaged by publishers trying to rush out games that were barely past the alpha phase.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    As much as I wanted to like the game, I never even got past the demo.